Memory problem (blue screens)

Simone Anghileri

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013
Hello,
I've been dealing for some time with frequent crashes (blue screens), most of the time with error related to memory. (page fault in nonpaged area). I run some tests with memtest on my RAM ( 2x1gb) and sometimes the output is a huge number of errors and sometimes i get no errors. I also tried to test single banks of memory and I didn't find any error in this case. I was wandering if this could be a motherboard problem. I would like to be sure before replacing my RAM.Could you please help me?Thank you

nipathik

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013

ya it could be problem of your motherboard, you have to check each one ram individually in one slot which you found ok, if it's give you no error then final that one of your slot make problem.

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
It may well be a lack of DRAM more than anything else, what CPU/mobo are you running? For the moment I'd try increasing the size of your Page file which appears to be running out of room from lack of available DRAM

Simone Anghileri

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013
I tried to increase the size of the page file but with no success. I tested each bank individually in each slot and it gave me non errors. I really don't understand...

eatmypie

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013
Yeah your ram is probably really faulty/bad if you are getting errors in memtest86 which would show you your ram performing without any page files show errors then yes your ram is bad, just get like a value ram kit from corsair or g.skill. just make sure you get at least a 4gig kit for performance and longevity of your system

Simone Anghileri

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013

What is strange to me is that I get errors ony when I test blocks together, whereas when I test them individually I get no errors. Very strange. I hope that getting some new RAM will solve the problem.