AMD Embedded Product 2014 Roadmap Packs ARM, x86 SoC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still struggling with the concept of the **embedded market** ??

:lol:

These are for set-top boxes, gambling machines, digital signage, et. al. A market that will be increasing in size upwards of 50% over the next 5 years.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
"Hierofalcon" is the first 64-bit ARM-based platform from AMD targeting embedded data center applications, communications infrastructure and industrial solutions."

By 1 day, their first 64-bit ARM cpu announcement isnt the first. that luck must suck.

fx is likely not gone. the bald eagle, steppe eagle, and adelaar are all meeant for embedded systems, not the PCs you use at home. embedded systems are meant to work in conjunction with other systems such as mechanical controls, industrial control, all the way to things like mri machines, and slot machines.

WithoutWeakness

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
This is the embedded platforms roadmap. These chips will be designed and built for low-power platforms such as "Ultrabook" class laptops, tablets and phones, lower power devices like smart watches and other wearables, and embedded servers. Although they are scaling their "Steamroller" CPU cores and GCN graphics cores down to these lower power platforms they will carry a different branding than the FX series of desktop chips as they are built to perform different tasks.

aft_lizard01

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2009

Reading comprehension fail? They aren't saying they have the first 64 bit ARM, they are saying this is the first from AMD. Big difference.

cmi86

Distinguished
I like this article because it is one of several I have seen in the past month of so that reference steamroller cores in the APU sector. If they have figured how to couple steamroller with an igpu I think chances are darn good we will be seeing a steamroller FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS