Build Check!!! Is this reasonable??

khagbr

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013
I am putting together(maybe) the following for use in still photo editing only
in non-professional applications. I anticipate 3-5 hours per month on this system, with no gaming or internet except for updating. Also, i will only use
Lightroom; no Photoshop. Any helpful advice will be appreciated. So, here is what I've come up with:
HAF912 with additional 2, 200mm fans for negative cooling(top and front)
ASUS F2A85 Pro
AMD A10 6800K 4.1GHz
Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler
8GB DDR3 10600 (GSkill, Mushkin or Ripjaw)
1TB WD Caviar Blue(and possibly a 128GB SSD)
PSU not firm, but am thinking along the lines of CoolerMaster i500, with
the possibility of a dicrete GPU(Nvidia 630 or so)

CallumP227

Honorable
Aug 3, 2013
well ideally you should have a positive air pressure to keep dust out of the system (more intake then exhaust) and also what is your budget so i can help you with picking parts?

khagbr

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013
i'm no physicist, but an article here seemed to give different info on pressure. regarding budget; the items listed amount to about $600, so
that is my budget. i use lr3 now with an asus m4a88t-m and onboard graphics, amd phenom 2x2, 2 monitors, 1tb hhd; all in a thriftstore case.
i want a new system since i recently touched the rear of the case and got a nice dose of heat. for what i do, i don't see the need for much more.
the only game i play is microsoft chess. too, i can do the basics; i assembled the asus system myself two years ago; it runs great except for some
slowdown. i wait for loading images often. i thought of getting new memory, a case new cpu etc., but then all that is left is the motherboard, so a completely new system, top to bottom is just as effective. i am also pricing out an intel based system using i3, which, from what i read, is fine for my 5 hours a month usage. i also use a dell u2410 ips monitor(for consideration of psu). i use w7, 64-bit9 home premium.

khagbr

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013
callump227,
thanks a bunch! since i got in, i've been thinking about how to go about it. the parts picker utility is good. using it, i have made some slight
adjustment and came up a bit cheaper after i3 3250, msi g45, egva 640 and corsair cx500; i think quick ball-parking is a bit cheaper. i'll
firm it up on paper tomorrow. a few items were bumped down, a few were bumped up. it's close, but working for a salary makes
a nickel count.
thanks again.

khagbr