• you sir are an idiot.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • YEAH destroy those spys!

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

DynaMutt

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013
Hello all I'm new to the forums so please be gentle.
Here goes:
OK I built my own PC for the first time about 3-4 months ago and the hardware install was actually quite good. My system is:
Asus p8z77-v
Nvidia GTX 670FTW
i5-3570K
PC Power and Cooling Silencer mk III 750W
Sammy 840PRO
GSkill Ripjaws 8Gig x2
Toshiba 2TB HDD
Corsair H100i

Now, my system was running great but for the big mistake that I made in installing the WiFiGO! hardware on the MB. This was a highly suspect piece of hardware for me from the start as I know Google and the DOD love to pirate your info and file it for future prosecution for walking across the street. that's neither here nor there, but I installed the thing and deleted the software I could find for it, HOWEVER, I kept seeing it showing up using my bandwidth even after deleting it's software.
I finally got pissed and powered off, let the power dissipate from the MB and took a screwdriver to the insides of the WiFiGO module. I turned that bastard into alphabet soup, but now my PC won't power on.
I've tried to jump the power prongs and nadda results. The MB power light comes on and all seems fine other than no POST.
Any ideas? will I need to buy a new MB or what?
thank you for your help
Sean

DynaMutt

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013

it's still plugged in as they designed it so that it would be too much of a pain to remove to deal with it. I'd have to disassemble the whole PC to remove the MB to remove that damn ninja

cars12345

Honorable
Sep 5, 2013

Ah, I see that the I/O shield is in the way.
I read online that dome dead modules were removed to bring the motherboard back to life. It is worth a try.

DynaMutt

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013

are you saying that I'll have to pull the module off the MoBo?

DynaMutt

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013
I'm holding off from disassembling the entire PC until I get a bit more input. Anyone willing to help me out?

cars12345

Honorable
Sep 5, 2013
Yes, in order to remove the Wi-Fi module, you have to remove the motherboard. Sorry, but this is the only solution I found.
If it still doesn't work, the motherboard is probably dead.