Replacing CPU + Motherboard.. Question

I'm about to replace(upgrade) my motherboard and CPU with a new one.. I just bought an i7 3770k + MSI Z77A-GD65.
Anyways, after installing it and turning it on, will I be able to get to my desktop? If so, would I need to install a fresh OS? How would I do that?
If I won't be able to get to my desktop, what do I need to do?
I don't know.. Can someone tell me the right steps that will make my computer work as normal?

IF IT DOES BOOT(WITH NEW CPU+MOBO), CAN I USE THIS OPTION?:
3 answers Last reply
More about replacing cpu motherboard question
  1. raymondang15 said:
    I'm about to replace(upgrade) my motherboard and CPU with a new one.. I just bought an i7 3770k + MSI Z77A-GD65.
    Anyways, after installing it and turning it on, will I be able to get to my desktop? If so, would I need to install a fresh OS? How would I do that?
    I don't know.. Can someone tell me the right steps that will make my computer work as normal?

Yes, as long as you still have the disk with you :)
  2. RazerZ said:
    raymondang15 said:

That's so broad.. Narrow it down. Yes to what? I don't have the disk, it was within my computer.
  3. raymondang15 said:

raymondang15 said:
    RazerZ said:
    raymondang15 said:

That's so broad.. Narrow it down. Yes to what? I don't have the disk, it was within my computer.

Nvm didn't notice it was a prebuilt desktop... in that case you can get away with turning off the pc, intalling the new mobo, then rebooting and you'll either have to install new drivers or restart.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards CPUs Components