New build and comp won't turn on

Kefo

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2008
Good evening,

I just got some new parts in and went about upgrading my computer and now the damn thing won't turn on. It will flash for a split second( case LEDs, CPU fan will begin to turn as well as case fans) but then it just powers off. If I press the power button again it won't turn back on unless I unplug it and wait for a bit then plug it back in and press the power button.

Motherboard: MSI z77a-g43 gaming
CPU: I5 3570k
Gpu: Sapphire 6870
Ram: Kingston hyper X 1600 ddr3 4x4gb(16gb total)
Psu: corsair tx750

I have tried removing all 4 sticks of ram and no beeps. I have tried removing the gpu and letting the mobo take over and no beeps. There isn't any horrible smell or any scorch marks on the mobo and the psu was working this morning when the old guts were in it. Any and all help would be appreciated

Kefo

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2008

Seriously? Any way to verify this or is it just send this back to ncix and tell them to send me a new one?

Kefo

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2008

I don't know anyone else who has a 1155 mobo

Kefo

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2008

Ok but how can I get into bios when the system doesn't turn on?

Kefo

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2008
Ok posting an update. I took everything out and bread boarded the mobo. Just the CPU fan is plugged in, along with 24 pin and 8 pin for power. It turns on and runs for about 10 seconds then restarts itself. I don't hear any beeps but I don't think it has a speaker.

Installed all 4 sticks of ram, its running without turning off now and purring. Next step is vid card and hooking up hard drives and see if it still goes. If it does must be a short when I have it in case