Rosewill RK-9100 vs Cooler Master CM Storm QuickFire TK

Jonathan Sifleet

Honorable
Apr 25, 2013
I'm new to mechanical keyboards, and I've filtered down my list to the Cooler Master CM Storm QuickFire TK, and the Rosewill RK-9100. Can anyone tell me what keyboard is better? By better I mean typing, board quality etc... etc... I'd go for the one with the brighter backlit but they both seem pretty, well, the same.

filphil

Honorable
Sep 7, 2013
The type of MX cherry switch is highly personal and will dictate your typing experience. A lightly used keyboard would probably serve you well. I personally use a Leopold FC200RC/AB from that I picked up on the bay for less than $60 shipped and enjoy it quite a bit as a no frills, space saving keyboard(also at the time the CM quick fire Tenkeyless had serious branding aesthetics on it).

I have typed on DAS ultimate keyboard (blues) in the past and my sister is currently using a corsair K70 (reds) and have nothing but good things to say about them. If I had to choose any of the keyboards I listed I'd choose the K70 (browns). It's a very sleek looking board and easy to clean because of the type writer-esque design.

My best advice, BEFORE you do anything, is to go to a PC store like microcenter and try out the MX Cherry keys first and decide which type of key you like. Then you can decide which keyboard you want based on looks, features, and price.

Jonathan Sifleet

Honorable
Apr 25, 2013
When I said new, I know the difference between keys etc, but I am unfamiliar with the keyboards, I mentioned, are there any specific features that make either bet than the other?

filphil

Honorable
Sep 7, 2013
MX Cherry keys is the standard and will be uniform among every cherry mechanical keyboard. The difference could possibly be how the keys are soldered to the back plate.

You want a minimum of N-Key or 6-key rollover Rollover depending on the types of games you play. This way you can have each of your simultaneous key presses register properly. Everything else is extra, IMO. The keyboards you listed are pretty bare on features so you can't go wrong with them. From what I can tell the mechanical keyboard market is pretty competitive right now so you won't make a poor choice.

If you want a back lit keyboard you have to be aware that the keys may get worn out like this:
http://imgur.com/x3rEhEY

Take a look at this link as well for geekhack's faq on keyboards:
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=40501.0

Hope this helps

Jonathan Sifleet

Honorable
Apr 25, 2013
Nope, not at all. You don't seem to understand the question.

Can anyone tell me what keyboard is better? By better I mean typing, board quality etc... etc... I'd go for the one with the brighter backlit but they both seem pretty, well, the same.

TRENDING THREADS