Can't Login to the Forum.... HELP!!!

leeuniverse

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2013
Whenever I try to login to the forum, I can't login, I have to do the forgot password thing, and then I'm logged in.

Changing my password doesn't seem to work either, and then if I login I can't login with either password, the one generated or the one I tried to create.

I've try'ed three different browser modes also, Webkit, IE 8 and Trident.
Have disabled ad blocker, have cleared cookies, etc.

Help.... thanks

leeuniverse

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2013
Weird.... Apparently it was just some "bug" with the browser I'm using "360 Chrome".
Worked fine with Maxthon, and I guess likely others.

Nevermind....

leeuniverse

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2013

I like it, but they need to make an "English" version. Personally, I wish Google would get their head out of their butts and do what their customers want and make Chrome work this way without a million plugins just for a few 'basic" features.

Personally, I would rather use Maxthon, it's a much better browser, speed, etc. Sadly, no-body knows about it, and so there are very few plugins. Of course, one doesn't need to many, because the most basic ones are already in the browser, but still, there are so plugins one might like to use, it's just too bad.

I started having this issue lastcouple of days. Initially, only IE refused to log-in, so I have switched to Firefox. It stopped working the day before, so I have switched to Chrome. It used to work just once.

The symptomps: I cannot log-in. Ask for password, first e-mail informs me that a new password has been sent (and I am logged in), but the new password does not work. So, I am trying to keep a browser window with TH open, but from time to time hove to re-log - back to Square One.

Sometimes, clicking on "Sign-in" even does not go to Login page..

What's going on here?

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
Alabalcho, do you have anything extra installed as a plugin or extension that could be preventing handling the login process correctly? Sometimes a higher end security setup will halt the process, or prevent the login info from going through. It might also help to purge your cache, as our login page changed a short while ago.

Hope this helps!