Nvidia's Shield Takes a Bullet ... And Still Works!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RooD

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2004
Misleading article, I can shoot a laptop in the screen and it will work too. This was the most pointless news article I have seen on here.

D

Deleted member 217926

Actually that thing is in pretty good shape to have taken a 30-30 round. Not the most powerful cartridge but not a.22 either. The 30-30 is probably the most common short to mid range North American deer cartridge.

Lutfij

Titan
worthless article! You should try dunking the device in water or maybe sulphuric acid to see if it withstands that attack. I'm sure everybody needs a shield when the world will go into an acid rain apocalypse!

qlum

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2013
I don't think this has anything to do with how good the device is, its just that a display can still work with a hole in it which is exactly what happened. The touch screen part did break and it is interfering after the shot so really in that regard it did become pretty useless after being shot the first time.

Lutfij

Titan
worthless article! You should try dunking the device in water or maybe sulphuric acid to see if it withstands that attack. I'm sure everybody needs a shield when the world will go into an acid rain apocalypse!

sbuckler

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2004
One of my kids managed to sneak my phone into the oven where it was later cooked with the Sunday roast. Was pretty melted but amazingly it still worked although all the ports were full of melted plastic and back was stuck on so couldn't get at the battery or charge it any longer. I got to have one last play (fortunately being a palm phone everything was backed up on a pc) and then it went to phone heaven.

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
"Straight through the screen"
How is the LCD display working with a hole in it, Jane? Looks to me like it shattered the outer glass, not full penetration.

Status
Not open for further replies.