Having a strange(?) problem.

Bremner92

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013
Hey everyone, I'm having a lot of trouble here. I recently built a new pc (Will list the specs at the end). Everything seems to work fine, until I try and play any games, then my computer will just shut off, it doesn't restart, it doesn't blue screen, it just turns off. I was told it was most likely the power supply, so I changed that from a Powercool 750w to a Corsair 600w CXM, that didn't fix the problem, in fact, it's doing the exact same thing. I thought it might be the CPU, so I downloaded CoreTemp and checked my CPU temps, everything there was fine, my graphics card the same, running at about 29 degrees idle.

It doesn't make any sense to me, I've also reinstalled Windows but it keeps happening. Do you guys have any idea what's going on?

CPU - AMD Vishera 6300 3.5GHz
GPU - XFX AMD 7850 2GB
RAM - 8GB Kingston HyperX
HDD - 1TB Seagate Barracuda
PSU - 600W Corsair CXM

Jaxem

Honorable
If you've eliminated the Power supply, the next most likely culprits are:
1. the GPU
2. the Mobo

XFX does ship some bad gpu's, i've gotten lucky with the 2 i bought from them, but there are a lot of DOA's or units that don't function for very long.

You didn't list your mobo, so i can't comment on it, but this is less likely if its working fine the rest of the time.

Bremner92

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013

Ah yeah, sorry, my mobo is a Gigabyte 970A-DS3.