• PlayStation 4

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • Xbox One

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters

dormantreign

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
I'm kinda curious on what you guys are buying. Cast your vote :p I have my ps4 preordered!
I never put PC there as i know most who read this will already have something. But what would you buy if forced to buy one of these consoles?

jcup

Honorable
Sep 1, 2013

None. Console should not even be considered in the same group as PC. Every aspect is better in computers besides the fact that they cost more to make but people can't get over the fact you're building a Xbox or PS3 on steroids and tons more features because it's a computer. Although if I was forced to buy one I would choose the Xbox One due to the controller being more comfortable in my opinion. I see no point in "console wars" because they both have ups and downs but the community who plays consoles, most of them not saying you are, is a bunch of children fighting over something because they are getting it so it makes it 10x better. You never see PC in a war because it would dominate the battle field. Sorry for the extensive reply but I had to get it off my chest. If you don't have a gaming PC now but you have the money. Do yourself a favor and BUILD your own gaming PC you will be very happy.

chain220

Honorable
Nov 12, 2012
Exactly what jcup said, but not even that they are more expensive. My build is capable of everything a PS3 can do, and it was cheaper than the original release price of it, and the price of the new PS4.

If it actually became a law where every US household was required to purchase either an XBox One or PS4 and not having either one will result in a $1,000 fine every year until you purchase one, then I would buy whichever is cheaper so that I can either use it as a footrest or a paper weight.

Chandler B

Honorable
Sep 13, 2013

I do agree but I still buy consoles because there are so many games on console that are not on PC and sometimes consoles are easier. Also I have a lot of friends that use console and not PC

jcup

Honorable
Sep 1, 2013

True, there are a few AAA games for only console. But that doesn't replace the thousands of PC exclusives.

jcup

Honorable
Sep 1, 2013

No, not necessarily. Could just mean you were the only one who voted or the few people who saw this voted, nothing compared to the millions who will purchase a console.

HiHaoabsdicoxnan

Honorable
Sep 8, 2013
Last time I checked ps4 was winning in preorders. Xbox one could be close to them by now with all these revised policies. Idk I voted ps4 though.

HiHaoabsdicoxnan

Honorable
Sep 8, 2013
I wonder, since most gaming PCs have a monitor of 1980 x 1080, and how some next gen games will run at 1080 instead of 720, would you need to get 3 monitors to pass it up?

bf4 will run at 60 fps @720p upscaled to 1080p. if your thinking your gonna be able to play all your games at 1080p 60fps your mistaken. pretty much every game will be upscaled at some level. them that arent will be limited to 30fps.
also there will be no triple monitor support on either of the 2 main consoles.

I believe games for consoles will have native resolution of 1080p. It is possible that graphic heavy games may be rendered at 720p instead and then upscaled to 1080p.

Information is rather vague but when it comes to videos both consoles should be capable of displaying them at 4k resolution; 3840x2160. Current Blu-Ray movies are encoded with the H.264 codec, however, H.265 is going to be likely be the newer standard sooner or later. Supposedly, video compressed with H.265 uses about half the storage space that H.264 uses, but the amount of CPU power needed to decode H.265 also dramatically shoots up. 1920x1080 video already takes a lot of storage space so moving over to 4k resolution dramatically increases the storage space required which means using the H.265 codec to keep video sizes manageable. The 8 core Jaguar cores should be capable of handling 4k, at least on paper.

HiHaoabsdicoxnan

Honorable
Sep 8, 2013
Where did you get me saying all games will run at 1080p 60fps? I said some games could run at 1080p if they choose not to worry about fps. Games like bf and cod focus on frame rates to make it smooth. So you can't really compare it to that.

voiidwulf

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2012
I have a PS4 preordered because I want to play with my IRL friends a lot. I will still play single player games and games with good mods on PC, but I really don't want to miss out on all the multiplayer games I could be playing with my friends.

I have a PS3 but I barely use it. Basically just use it as a blu-ray / Netflix player.

Plus I like the Sony exclusives. The Last of Us and Uncharted are probably my 2 favorite series (or game in the case of TLoU).

Jacob-Harris

Honorable
Oct 28, 2013
Every poll i see on this topic ps4 is way in the lead besides everyone saying PC is the best, don't get me wrong I by far agree PC is hands down is better. But I just find it interesting that last Gen of consoles this poll would most likely been the other way around with the 360 being majority. But if I had to get the PS4 or Xbox One definitely the PS4, and the answer why is simple better exclusives and cheaper.

last gen was a popularity contest not based on real hardware facts. the ps3 was the superior hardware as far as technical prowess went. the 360 was easier to dev for. both had serious flaws in there design but both pushed the boundaries of what could be done on limited hardware. you just dont get that on pc today due to the massive disparity in systems. so while at the end of there lives they did hold gaming back they also lead to a lot of optimizations that we on pc would never have seen.

as for better titles... thats debatable and down to personal taste.

DirkXXVI

Honorable
Jun 27, 2013
Both eventually, though I will most likely get a PS4 first. However at this point the only exclusive that's really peaked my interest for this year is Dead Rising 3 and given all the hicups I've seen with low frame rates and the like this late in development I don't see it as a strong enough reason to invest $500 in a XBone especially after upgrading to an SLI setup.

To me the only real incentives for consoles are exclusives and sports games. And as of now the exclusives are few and far between while the sports games will likely need a year or two of fine tuning before they even start to play better then their PS3/360 predecessors. When XBone at the very least gets a Halo and PS4 starts churning out sequels to the Last of Us and Uncharted among others then I will start to lean heavily towards getting one.

However at present, virtually every great game worth buying for the new consoles is available for PC and with better graphics.

LordConrad

Distinguished
Definitely the PS4 because the exclusive titles are much better. PC gaming looks better, but I prefer controllers over the clumsy keyboard/mouse solution used by PCs. Pinnacle game profiler is nice but it doesn't always work well.

The PS3 was the first Playstation I never got, I opted for the Xbox 360 because at the time PS3 only had 6 or 8 games (the year after that they got licenses too)

I will opt for PS4 eventually but I will not buy it anytime soon, hell I am even considering rather purchasing a top of the line GPU for the price I will be paying for the console we'll see how it goes but I voted PS4 just in case I do decide to get it in a year or so...

Xbox one will have to impress me first (The fact that PS network is free is already like a nuke that's dropped on Microsoft & they are using handguns with limited ammunition (Xbox live) )

To everyone using controller argument ps4 controller will be compatible with the pc (they confirmed it, they just said not all the features will work from the start)

This is probably so that they encourage pc players like me to purchase their console instead because then I already have a console remote I can use (instead of opting to buy the Xbox remote due to enhanced comfort)

Plus having to choose remote colours is a neat gimmick kids and women will like so when I get a girlfriend again she can argue which colour she wants to use... :p

DirkXXVI

Honorable
Jun 27, 2013

Lol, I thought I was the only one in the PC gaming world. You know the one where every PC evangelists list the mouse and controller as a reason to game on PC instead consoles.

Granted I can live with, even prefer, the mouse for actually aiming in a FPS. It's just the keyboard part that drives me nuts, makes me feel like I'm doing word processing or excel instead of playing a game.

I might not be as accurate with a controller but I can sure as anything move better with one. Kind of like boxing, whats the point of having a knockout punch when you have terrible footwork? Not to mention virtually most games, outside of FPS and RTS, are easier to play with a controller.

chain220

Honorable
Nov 12, 2012
I think it's all a matter of what you're used to. Easier to play with a controller is the common opinion because more people are used to a controller. I started out with a keyboard and mouse in shooting games, so the movement and aiming are easier with a mouse and keyboard. I would never consider using a controller on my PC for any FPS games. Sports games however, I'm more used to the PS3 controls so I think it's easier to play with a controller.

PSN is moving to a pay madel mate it will be around 50bux a year. tom's has an article up about it... http://www.tomsguide.com/us/ps4-faq-features-limitations,news-17797.html

[/quotemsg] PSN is moving to a pay madel mate it will be around 50bux a year. tom's has an article up about it... http://www.tomsguide.com/us/ps4-faq-features-limitations,news-17797.html
[/quotemsg]

Console can go get #@*!? then... to say the least not even MP3 support? Thank you oh wise one I almost made a very expensive mistake in a year or so...

I listen to music more than anything else on my pc so yeah big thumbs down...