Closed

Update Will Unlock All Eight Cores in Exynos 5 Octa

Samsung is finally using the big.LITTLE MP architecture in its eight-core chip.

Update Will Unlock All Eight Cores in Exynos 5 Octa : Read more
13 answers Last reply
More about update unlock cores exynos octa
  1. Someone should thank mediatek for this.
  2. There goes the battery life
  3. ARM chips feel a bit like Intel in the early days. When you couldn't really tinker with them much, and the architecture just wasn't mature enough to overclock the hell out of.
  4. why not do 6 cores instead of jumping straight to 8 at the same time.
  5. ^ Up to all eight cores at the same time.
    It's done on a thread basis.
  6. My current Note 2 will be my last exynos device as long as they keep not releasing sources and documentation.
    For once, I'd like to flash stable full-speed cyanogen mod and AOKP roms.
  7. Now to get heterogeneous cores for the PC...
  8. daxchunjae02 said:
    Why didn't they enabled all 8 cores in the first place to save all that hassle? =(

You have to remember that Samsung doesnt really design the architecture of the chips ARM does that, it wasnt designed for all 8 cores to work at the same time. Samsung have probably been working on a way to use all 8 cores since the beginning but have only now managed to release it to the public. At the end of the day its a bonus to those with the chip in their phones
  9. Once again an "APPLE" announcement pays dividends to some "Android" folks. I suspect SAMSUNG had the ability to do this all along; they just didn't need to until the fruit company announced a 64bit phone!
  10. edwd2 said:
    why not do 6 cores instead of jumping straight to 8 at the same time.

Do you work for Intel?
  11. s800 thanks
  12. there goes performance, the 4 faaster A15 will down clock to the slower A7, then there is instruction sets that A15 supports that A7 cant!
  13. If this update does the trick for the ODROID XU too , it will be the game changer for the competition to the Parallela. Just wondering how this update works on and which one of this beauties will be on my desk ?
Ask a new question

Read More

system-on-chip Software Processors Samsung