Upgrading my graphics card (I'm new to this, please be gentle).

Sarah1028

Honorable
Sep 13, 2013
It's been about three years now since I first purchased my computer and I'm now seeking to upgrade a few components, my graphics card being the first...

I'm currently running an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti and I was looking into, maybe, switching it out with an EVGA - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760.

My current processor: 6 x AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
Power Supply: 700 watt

I was just wondering if you, the professional community, thought this was a wise choice, and if not, what would be a good alternate...

Let me know if you need anymore information.

Thank you :)

Rykoen

Honorable
Oct 10, 2012
Upgrading to a GTX 760 is this best choice right now. The price is close to the original GTX 660, and the performance is similar or if not, better than the GTX 660 Ti which is around $300. And, If you ever feel the need down the road to get more horse power into your gaming system, then you can just SLI two 760s which are statistically better or just as good than one GTX 780 priced at $600. As far as I'm concerned. You have your upgrading priorities set pretty good in my point of view. Your power supply doesn't need to be upgraded, but I'm more concerned about the CPU since it's a little dated. But other then that, I think the GTX 760 is a great choice. :)