Sign in with
Your question

Why do I need to buy a CPU cooler Fan since the CPU already comes with a FAN ?! am n't willing to do any overclocking!!

Last response: in CPUs
September 13, 2013 1:45:22 PM

Hi everyone !

Am willing to build this system : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1zF6R

and for the GPU i havn't decided yet .... first i wanted to buy the Radeon 7990HD but someone told me it has some issues then he recommended me with the Radeon 7970HD and said its litlle bit less prefourmess but its good for you ....then someone told me to wait for the Radeon 9970HD or Radeon 9950HD .... so im confussed about which is the best to choose for me cause i only want to play games like on standerd fine resolution about 1440×1080 or 1280×720 no problem ... anyway if you have any idea about what GPU should i go with let me know please i need to know

my other Q is ... why should i buy a Cooler or fan or anything else for the CPU ...i saw on reviews that the AMD FX8350 already has it own Fan so why would i spent more for one replacing the original CPU fan ?!! isnt it any good for just gaming without any videon editting loads and stuff like that ?! does the AMD FX8350 has any problems with it heat or anithing else ?!

another Q was in my mind for so many times ..... is there is any diffrence between the 8GB RAM the run @1600 or the one that runs @2133 or others i dont know ?!

and about the motherboard could i save some money with it and buy cheaper one cause im only willing to play games on it and when i say games i mean any game gona come in the next couple years and i should run it on fine resolution on like 60 or 50 FBS ... again AM NOT WILLING FOR OVERCLOCKING!

let me know any answer or informations and suggestions in your mind about this and please tell me why you think your choice is better than the others

sorry for making it too long for you guys

:) 
September 13, 2013 1:54:35 PM

Ok, if your looking for a decent solid GFX card then I'd personally pick up the 7970, it will play everything fine on Ultra and give at least 60FPS.

A small aftermarket fan for your CPU is always good, even if your not overclocking, as it just keeps the CPU cooler in general and lets it perfom better. Somethign simple like the CM 212 Hyper evo will do.

2133 RAM is faster than 1600. If you have the option get the 2133, but dont worry too much if you can't the perfomance difference won't be that noticeable. I wouldn;t buy the Samsung ram, rather something from the GSKILL series like the GSKILL ARES.

Lastly, make sure you get a decent power supply, with those components you don't want to skimp out. Grab a Seasonic or a Corsair thats around 600W or above.

Hope I've helped.
a b K Overclocking
a b À AMD
a c 81 à CPUs
a c 80 V Motherboard
September 13, 2013 1:58:33 PM

-a 7970 would be fine for any gaming at very high to ultra settings, no reason to get a 7990 if you're gaming on one monitor.

-The stock AMD coolers are small, and subsequently kind of loud to keep the cpu cool (they have a high TDP and run hot). To get lower temps which is better for your parts, and to reduce noise, people get aftermarket coolers (and to overclock obviously)

-1600 ram runs at 1600 MHz, 2133 runs a 2133 MHz, giving a very slight performance increase

-You can get a cheaper board and you probably wouldn't notice much a difference, but it will be lower quality and possibly not have some features you'll want to impliment in the future (usb 3.0, PCIE 3.0, PWM fans)
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
a c 122 À AMD
a c 480 à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
September 13, 2013 2:05:19 PM

If you do not plan on overclocking then you generally do not need to buy a 3rd party CPU cooler. However, I have read several posts where owners of AMD CPUs decided to buy a 3rd party CPU cooler because they felt CPU was too warm for their liking with the stock cooler.
September 13, 2013 2:33:57 PM

iisfitblud said:
Ok, if your looking for a decent solid GFX card then I'd personally pick up the 7970, it will play everything fine on Ultra and give at least 60FPS.

A small aftermarket fan for your CPU is always good, even if your not overclocking, as it just keeps the CPU cooler in general and lets it perfom better. Somethign simple like the CM 212 Hyper evo will do.

2133 RAM is faster than 1600. If you have the option get the 2133, but dont worry too much if you can't the perfomance difference won't be that noticeable. I wouldn;t buy the Samsung ram, rather something from the GSKILL series like the GSKILL ARES.

Lastly, make sure you get a decent power supply, with those components you don't want to skimp out. Grab a Seasonic or a Corsair thats around 600W or above.

Hope I've helped.

well the 7970 is fine and gona run me games now on ultra but how about games in like next two or three years will it even run it on medeuim or just high ?! and is there are anything just abit better than the 7970 so i would take it as future proof ?!

and yeah about that small fan i checked it out its nice small one and price nt much :) 

do you have any suggestiong with links hopefully on a good 8GB RAM ?!

and about the power supply i was thinking of a Corsair 1000w or 900w maybe 800w so it would be trusted PSU
September 13, 2013 2:34:59 PM

jaguarskx said:
If you do not plan on overclocking then you generally do not need to buy a 3rd party CPU cooler. However, I have read several posts where owners of AMD CPUs decided to buy a 3rd party CPU cooler because they felt CPU was too warm for their liking with the stock cooler.

well the 7970 is fine and gona run me games now on ultra but how about games in like next two or three years will it even run it on medeuim or just high ?! and is there are anything just abit better than the 7970 so i would take it as future proof ?!

and do you have any suggestiong with links hopefully on a good 8GB RAM ?!
September 13, 2013 3:28:50 PM

The 7979 is more than enough to run games on Medium and High for the next couple years.
a b K Overclocking
a b À AMD
a c 210 à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
September 13, 2013 3:49:35 PM

Cookies_monster said:
Hi everyone !

and for the GPU i havn't decided yet .... first i wanted to buy the Radeon 7990HD but someone told me it has some issues then he recommended me with the Radeon 7970HD and said its litlle bit less prefourmess but its good for you ....then someone told me to wait for the Radeon 9970HD or Radeon 9950HD .... so im confussed about which is the best to choose for me cause i only want to play games like on standerd fine resolution about 1440×1080 or 1280×720 no problem ... anyway if you have any idea about what GPU should i go with let me know please i need to know

my other Q is ... why should i buy a Cooler or fan or anything else for the CPU ...i saw on reviews that the AMD FX8350 already has it own Fan so why would i spent more for one replacing the original CPU fan ?!! isnt it any good for just gaming without any videon editting loads and stuff like that ?! does the AMD FX8350 has any problems with it heat or anithing else ?!

another Q was in my mind for so many times ..... is there is any diffrence between the 8GB RAM the run @1600 or the one that runs @2133 or others i dont know ?!

and about the motherboard could i save some money with it and buy cheaper one cause im only willing to play games on it and when i say games i mean any game gona come in the next couple years and i should run it on fine resolution on like 60 or 50 FBS ... again AM NOT WILLING FOR OVERCLOCKING!

let me know any answer or informations and suggestions in your mind about this and please tell me why you think your choice is better than the others

Primary issue, if you're not overclocking, is the noise. The AMD stock cooler will work on a stock settings CPU. It gets a little warmer than I like; however, it sounds like a turbo prop airplane running inside your case. If you don't get an aftermarket cooler now, that's fine...however, later on (after hearing the stock cooler in action @ 4500 RPM) you may change your mind about wanting something a bit quieter.

The 7970 is fine for you, by the way...and that NZXT power supply is a top notch choice.

I like the board you picked as well, I have the same board in my PC and I am confident you will be happy with the features.
September 13, 2013 5:39:49 PM

Androideka5 said:
The 7979 is more than enough to run games on Medium and High for the next couple years.

ok but not sure from it cause this year BF4 system requirement for Ultra level on the GPU they mentioned the 7970 and thats for this year maybe best choice but in next year or two when BF5 or BF6 comes out ( just saying :)  ) that i doubt the 7970 would be on the minimum requirements and not just for battedfield .... also crysis ..like now crysis 3 might run on my Rig on ultra but what about the coming on couple years crysis 4 or crysis 5 !?!

i just want to play EVERY game i see .... no matter what was it system requirements i want to play it ....as i meantion again ,,i want play it on 60 FBS and also on one single 23" moniter

:) )))))))

thanks
September 13, 2013 5:44:46 PM

8350rocks said:
Cookies_monster said:
Hi everyone !

Primary issue, if you're not overclocking, is the noise. The AMD stock cooler will work on a stock settings CPU. It gets a little warmer than I like; however, it sounds like a turbo prop airplane running inside your case. If you don't get an aftermarket cooler now, that's fine...however, later on (after hearing the stock cooler in action @ 4500 RPM) you may change your mind about wanting something a bit quieter.

The 7970 is fine for you, by the way...and that NZXT power supply is a top notch choice.

I like the board you picked as well, I have the same board in my PC and I am confident you will be happy with the features.

you are the same guy again haha ....i had a Q before and you also commented on it and recommended me with the 7970 and also told me its best to wait for the 9970 :) 

anyway .... about the noise its ok cause i will pick up the CM 212 Hyper evo ...its on a good price ~30$ ...do you think its good choice or do you have somthing in mind ?!
a b K Overclocking
a b À AMD
a c 210 à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
September 15, 2013 10:06:25 AM

Cookies_monster said:
8350rocks said:
Cookies_monster said:
Hi everyone !

you are the same guy again haha ....i had a Q before and you also commented on it and recommended me with the 7970 and also told me its best to wait for the 9970 :) 

anyway .... about the noise its ok cause i will pick up the CM 212 Hyper evo ...its on a good price ~30$ ...do you think its good choice or do you have somthing in mind ?!

Yes CM 212 EVO is what I have in my case at home. Also, if you can wait on the 9970, then do it.
September 15, 2013 1:21:05 PM

8350rocks said:
Cookies_monster said:
8350rocks said:
Cookies_monster said:
Hi everyone !

Yes CM 212 EVO is what I have in my case at home. Also, if you can wait on the 9970, then do it.

yeah well am gona wait it in all ways cause am gona buy this case like in october or next month but am still just confussed about it ...i dont know i just thought it would be around 900$ or 800$ maybe 1000$ but it should be realy good and can last a bit more than the 800$ or 900$ ones
a b K Overclocking
a b À AMD
a c 210 à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
September 15, 2013 3:47:19 PM

Cookies_monster said:
yeah well am gona wait it in all ways cause am gona buy this case like in october or next month but am still just confussed about it ...i dont know i just thought it would be around 900$ or 800$ maybe 1000$ but it should be realy good and can last a bit more than the 800$ or 900$ ones

AMD confirmed HD 9970 MSRP is <$600. So probably $549-599, and it should be right up there with the Titan (likely better in some situations).
September 16, 2013 1:33:18 PM

8350rocks said:
Cookies_monster said:

AMD confirmed HD 9970 MSRP is <$600. So probably $549-599, and it should be right up there with the Titan (likely better in some situations).

oh ..thought it would be around 900$ or somthing little bit less than the 7990 price ...thats realy good price for it spec as if it competes with the TITAN ... i should realy have one AMD 9970
a b K Overclocking
a c 154 À AMD
a c 804 à CPUs
a c 113 V Motherboard
September 16, 2013 1:43:30 PM

Stock coolers suck and you are better off with a quality aftermarket. Even a Coolermaster TX3 is better than the crap that comes boxed with CPU's lately. The 125w AMD ones are probably the best stock coolers, but they haven't really changed much since the old K8 Opteron days.
!