Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Will the Radeon HD 7950 run well with my A10-5800K cpu?

Last response: in CPUs
Share
September 13, 2013 2:07:37 PM

Hello, i was wondering if my A10-5800k will run smoothly with my future 7950 or if i would look for a cpu also? (I dont have the processor yet as i am building a pc).
a c 210 à CPUs
September 13, 2013 4:40:17 PM

WhiteboyFaa said:
Hello, i was wondering if my A10-5800k will run smoothly with my future 7950 or if i would look for a cpu also? (I dont have the processor yet as i am building a pc).


If you are building from scratch and have no components yet...I would get the FX 6300 and pair it with the 7950.

If you have the A10-5800k it will work...but it may bottleneck in some games that are more CPU bound, like Crysis 3 and some of the other newest titles.

The FX 6300 is similar money, so if you're building, you should be easily able to swap the 2 and keep the budget inline. Just be sure to switch to a 970 MB instead of the FM2 MB you would use with the A10.
September 13, 2013 5:03:19 PM

8350rocks said:
WhiteboyFaa said:
Hello, i was wondering if my A10-5800k will run smoothly with my future 7950 or if i would look for a cpu also? (I dont have the processor yet as i am building a pc).


If you are building from scratch and have no components yet...I would get the FX 6300 and pair it with the 7950.

If you have the A10-5800k it will work...but it may bottleneck in some games that are more CPU bound, like Crysis 3 and some of the other newest titles.

The FX 6300 is similar money, so if you're building, you should be easily able to swap the 2 and keep the budget inline. Just be sure to switch to a 970 MB instead of the FM2 MB you would use with the A10.


Thanks for the reply! so how would the FX 6300 with the 7950 run? Do you know any framerate examples? I appreaciate the reply and help!
Related resources
a c 210 à CPUs
September 15, 2013 10:07:39 AM

WhiteboyFaa said:
8350rocks said:
WhiteboyFaa said:
Hello, i was wondering if my A10-5800k will run smoothly with my future 7950 or if i would look for a cpu also? (I dont have the processor yet as i am building a pc).


If you are building from scratch and have no components yet...I would get the FX 6300 and pair it with the 7950.

If you have the A10-5800k it will work...but it may bottleneck in some games that are more CPU bound, like Crysis 3 and some of the other newest titles.

The FX 6300 is similar money, so if you're building, you should be easily able to swap the 2 and keep the budget inline. Just be sure to switch to a 970 MB instead of the FM2 MB you would use with the A10.


Thanks for the reply! so how would the FX 6300 with the 7950 run? Do you know any framerate examples? I appreaciate the reply and help!


There are several here running that combination or similar to it and getting great frame rates on maxed settings.
September 15, 2013 11:45:12 AM

Alright thanks for all the help! One last thing, could you help me find a good motherboard that is between 100-120 dollars that is compatible?
a c 210 à CPUs
September 15, 2013 12:13:05 PM

WhiteboyFaa said:
Alright thanks for all the help! One last thing, could you help me find a good motherboard that is between 100-120 dollars that is compatible?


Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 is currently about $110-120.
September 15, 2013 12:17:46 PM

8350rocks said:
WhiteboyFaa said:
Alright thanks for all the help! One last thing, could you help me find a good motherboard that is between 100-120 dollars that is compatible?


Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 is currently about $110-120.


Alright thanks for your help!
!