Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Overclocking CPU on the Sager 8295

Tags:
  • Overclocking
  • CPUs
Last response: in Overclocking
September 13, 2013 2:23:27 PM

I recently purchased a Sager NP8295 and am thrilled by it. I bought the Overclocking setup that the company I bought from offered; however they only overclock GPU's for Laptops.

I am wondering if I should/by how much should I overclock my CPU?

Specs:
A second heat sink was added (one on the GPU, one on the CPU)
Running Windows 7 x64
16GB DDR3 Ram 1600MHz
Nvidia 780m
Intel Core i7-4800MQ (2.70GHz Quad Core)

I will be happy to add any other specifications you may need.
Thanks in advance,
Frank

More about : overclocking cpu sager 8295

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
September 13, 2013 2:34:09 PM

You don't want to do that. The cooling is designed for the CPU that is in there. You start OCing that thing and you are going to fry something.
September 13, 2013 3:09:47 PM

coastie65 said:
You don't want to do that. The cooling is designed for the CPU that is in there. You start OCing that thing and you are going to fry something.


Darn. I figured it'd be just a little, but not at all?
Related resources
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
September 13, 2013 3:13:10 PM

Frank Trier said:
coastie65 said:
You don't want to do that. The cooling is designed for the CPU that is in there. You start OCing that thing and you are going to fry something.


Darn. I figured it'd be just a little, but not at all?


Nope. Laptops are more prone to heat issues that Desktops due to their sized and how closely stuff is packed in there. What you have is more than decent as it is.
September 13, 2013 3:15:22 PM

coastie65 said:
Frank Trier said:
coastie65 said:
You don't want to do that. The cooling is designed for the CPU that is in there. You start OCing that thing and you are going to fry something.


Darn. I figured it'd be just a little, but not at all?


Nope. Laptops are more prone to heat issues that Desktops due to their sized and how closely stuff is packed in there. What you have is more than decent as it is.


Well thank you. Haha
I guess I'm just greedy and was wondering if there was anyway.
Thanks