assembling a gaming desktop

dhillon_paramveer

Honorable
Sep 6, 2013
what are the important components in desktop assembly?
cpu: processor, ram, graphics card, cooler, motherboard, etc.
monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc.

MattDoesGames

Honorable
Sep 8, 2013
I do not really understand your question, but the important parts in building just the computer are, a Processor, Graphics Card, Power Supply, Motherboard, Hard drive and/or/both Solid state drive, RAM, and a Case. Some things that can, and will be helpful in a PC Build, are, Case Fans, After Market CPU Fan (If you are overclocking that is), Optical Drive, and a Card Reader. Some peripherals are, Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, Speakers, and a headset. Now this is all for a gaming PC. For a regular desktop for say like a home office, all you need is the PC parts of course, a monitor, keyboard and mouse and perhaps speakers. What kind of PC are you looking in to building? And if I may ask what kind of budget? If that is you are building a computer and you are asking because you do not know what you need in a computer of course.

dhillon_paramveer

Honorable
Sep 6, 2013
Look I'm building a gaming desktop, I am new to technicalities of computer hardware specifications, etc. so I need your help and I have budget around 1.1k $ and i am building a gaming desktop. Some of the configurations I would like are:
i7 processor 3.6 ghz ( could be 3rd gen or 4th gen u tell)
16 gb ram
2 gb video card
1 tb hard disk ( 7200rpm)
Could u please guide me the best i can get out of this??

dhillon_paramveer

Honorable
Sep 6, 2013
thanks realchaos, cud u please advice me the graphics card mid range one i should buy and other components like case, psu and motherboard? also give me some information related to cooler

I can set you up with a build as a starting point.
A couple of questions:
Are you overclocking?
Does the $1100 budget include an os, monitor, keyboard, or mouse?
Where do you live (city and state if in U.S to see if there's any local deals you can get)?

dhillon_paramveer

Honorable
Sep 6, 2013
Hey I am from India and this is first time I am using this site (I found this site very useful as i read through some forums). I am interested in mid-high range gaming pc and not extreme gaming kind of thing. Since i have less knowledge of intricacies related to computer components and want to seek some advice in building a good enough computer on which i can enjoy pc games for next 2-3 years.
I am looking to assemble a desktop using which i can play latest games like gta 5, crysis 3, etc. so my first question is whether to buy i5 3rd generation/ 4th generation and what should be clock speed and whether it should have overclocking capability? next is, does brand matter in case of internal memory? and whether to go for 8gbX1 or 4gbX2? next does feature of ddr3 or ddr5 in ram has major impact on gaming? next i would like to ask whether 660Ti nividia graphic card 2gb sufficient as far as these games are concerned to be played on 1920*1080 resolution 22' led and which other graphics card would suit better according to you? what things i shud take notice of when buying a graphics card?