New fan installed, help on configuration needed

RageSaul

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013
Hello, so I have finally got round to installing my hyper 212 evo coolermaster heatsink & fan. The general installation went fine, I did accidentally put a little too much MX4 on the CPU, and I had to keep taking the heatsink on and off the CPU to re adjust the cross thing. The last I saw of the CPU was it covered in a thin layer of the paste ( I started with a small blob). Please tell me if I am going to experience problems because of that.

Anyways, right now it's fine, much better than the stock cooler which ran like 40* idle. My 212 runs 25* idle and 50* ultra settings on BF3 (60 Players) which is good. But in CPUZ my fan RPM is 607 RPM, and the max (what smart cpu increaser thing made it go up to) was 1214 RPM. Is this ok? Or should I keep it on 2000 RPM or so always? What is the best speed I should have my CPU fan on?

Don't...

Bump posts

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/283384-33-read-first

iblowuup

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013
If your temps are consistently below 65 on load then I wouldn't even worry about the fan speeds. The best speed to run your fan at is 100% because it offers maximum cooling and isn't that loud. However like I said if your temps are fin then there's no reason to mess with fan speeds.

iblowuup

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013
I use a program called SpeedFan. It's a bit complicated but it's very helpful for controlling fan speeds. Your motherboard might also have a built in option in your BIOS menu which can be accessed by holding down a button (usually F2,F3,F4 etc.) when starting up.