Solved

if i built this pc, how well could it play games?

the pc i plan to build is http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1DBPM
and i was wondering how well it could play: Minecraft, Half-Life, Half-Life 2, World Of Warcraft, TeamFortress 2, Portal, Portal 2, Wizard 101, Left For Dead , Left For Dead 2, Garrys Mod, Grand Theft Auto 4, Grand Theft Auto VC, Grand Theft Auto SA, Mirrors Edge, Assassin's Creed, Call Of Duty: Black Ops, and CSS?
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about built play games
  1. It should run those games fine, but I would spend the extra $24 for the 8350 and get the extra 500mhz of speed and find a different motherboard. Biostar sucks. Look for an asrock or something instead. Way better quality.
  2. Also get a different power supply. That CoolMax is tier 5:
    http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx
  3. getochkn said:
    It should run those games fine, but I would spend the extra $24 for the 8350 and get the extra 500mhz of speed and find a different motherboard. Biostar sucks. Look for an asrock or something instead. Way better quality.


    K i changed the parts, how is it now?
    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1DGcs
    (Btw, i don't need OS, Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, or DVD Drive)
  4. Best answer
    Why did you override some? The CPU is $20 cheaper at 2 places and with that you could at least get the Asrock 970 extreme 4. I'd go for at least a 970 chipset board over a 960. 990fx is preferred but they are more expensive but if you plan to overclock you'd want a 990fx.
  5. getochkn said:
    Why did you override some? The CPU is $20 cheaper at 2 places and with that you could at least get the Asrock 970 extreme 4. I'd go for at least a 970 chipset board over a 960. 990fx is preferred but they are more expensive but if you plan to overclock you'd want a 990fx.


    most of the time i override them because i would want it from Amazon, or that the one that was given would have a mail in rebate (which i don't understand at all) so i would just override it so that the mail in rebate wouldn't confuse me

    Update: is this better? http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1DIGG
  6. You can turn off the inclusion of mail-in rebates in prices at pcpartpicker.
  7. MauveCloud said:
    You can turn off the inclusion of mail-in rebates in prices at pcpartpicker.

    Oh i didn't realize that! Thank You!
  8. i took off the mail in rebates and made sure none of them were overridden, and this is what i got :)
    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1DIAO
Ask a new question

Read More

Games