My computer display doesn't fit on the screen!

fortinbras79

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013
I have read numerous threads on this topic and have tried everything suggested. I eventually went through the Nvidia controls and resized it to 1440X810. This "fixed" the problem but I hate that I have to do it that way. What could my son have done by banging on the keyboard to make it do this? How can I get it back to 1920 X 1080?

My TV is a native 1920 X 1080...this is really annoying me.

So in the meantime, I've got a functional screen resolution but lower than I'd like.

Things I've tried:
Changing the scaling settings on the TV
Reinstalling drivers for TV and Video card
over scaling
under scaling
no scaling
Restoring to previous session
Pretty much everything I could find on these forums...it's driving me bonkers.

Again this worked fine until last night and now it's all FUBAR.

MY graphics card is an Nvidia GeForce GTE 630
Windows 7 64 bit

Stevio Murfinio

Honorable
Aug 24, 2013
Does your TV have HDMI/DVI at the back or just HDMI?, if it does then plug your computer into the DVI one or maybe check your TV's Screen size maybe your son put it on zoom or 4:3 or something or messed with the screen settings on your TV

fortinbras79

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013

Doesn't this just take the x and stretch it? I feel like the resolution is not as clear since I did this. Is that just my imagination?

Thank you...what's CCC? And what changes am I making that I am applying?

Thanks again

DaronMal

Distinguished

If your TV is native 1920 x 1080, it will be the perfect fit, anything smaller will be squishing it.

CCC means Catalyst Control Center, on Win 7 it will be on the bottom right of your Start bar next to the clock, a picture of a red atom.