First Build Under $600 USD Looking for Improvements

Gerouk

Honorable
Jul 5, 2013
I've made up my mind on my components and don't think I can improve. If you do think there is room for an improvement then go ahead and correct it and make sure it is still in my budget. I will be ordering all parts from Amazon, I live in New Zealand. (Too expensive over here) I also need a decent 1080p monitor under 120 USD. I also want to be able to play on the latest games on medium/high settings at a playable framerate. I will be recording and rendering videos. I will be doing some overclocking, no Crossfire/Sli.

Components:

CPU: AMD FX 6300
Motherboard: Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 Micro ATX AM3+
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB
Case: Corsair 350D Window MicroATX Mid Tower
Power Supply: Corsair 500W ATX12V

Thanks!

MattDoesGames

Honorable
Sep 8, 2013
That's a lot like my build, for the case, if you chose it just for looks I would say stick with it, if you chose it for price, there is a nice looking case, the NZXT Source 210. It comes in black or white. I would upgrade the GPU to a XFX Radeon HD 7870 2GB if possible. The rest looks good, for the monitor I would go with http://pcpartpicker.com/part/aoc-monitor-e2251swdn I have that monitor and it is fantastic. Hope I helped have a good one

Gerouk

Honorable
Jul 5, 2013
Thanks so much! ( And congratulations for first comment.. after a few days..)
I was thinking of getting a XFX version but I decided to go with Sapphire as they are normally the cheapest and decent quality ( From what I've heard).

TRENDING THREADS