Hi all. My computer recently updated itself while I was away at work...I wake up the computer and now only the first monitor

ragin_ace

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013
This did not post well at all...I apologize for that...

What it was supposed to say:

My desktop computer running Windows 7 64-bit recently updated itself while I was at work. When I came home to use it, I realized only one screen was functioning. The screen that worked was connected via a VGA port. The screen that didn't work (ASUS 23" 1080P HDMI) did not. I've got a Radeon HD 5700 graphics card.

My first attempt was to update the drivers for the graphics card. That did not fix the problem...

My second attempt was to reset the monitor. I tried hitting the "menu" button on the ASUS monitor but the menu never appeared. I've got NO CLUE why!!

My third attempt was to unplug the working monitor's VGA connection to the graphics card and only have the HDMI cable plugged in. That did not work either.

Please help me address this! I've had this computer working just fine the last 1.5 years now and don't understand what could have happened after the updates completed.

Thanks for any help,
Brett