Buidling a Gamer PC!

SaDBoY

Honorable
Aug 8, 2013
I'm building a gaming PC for the first time, I'm a huge gamer, But i'm having alot of problems with building it, after along researching and asking around.. here's what I came up with :

MB: Asus Rampage IVExtreme or ASUS Sabertooth X79.

CPU:Intel Core i7 3930K Hexacore 3.2 up to 3.9 12 MB Cache LGA 2011.
Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler H100i.

Graphic Card: Basically GTX 780 But can't decide between Evga and Asus.

Monitor:ASUS VG248QE 24-Inch Screen LED-lit Monitor.

Ram:Corsair Vengeance or G.Skill 32Gb Both have great ratings and I don't really know the difference between 1600mhz and the higher ones.

P.S:Corsair Professional Series AX 1200 Watt ATX/EPS Modular 80 PLUS Gold (AX1200) Or Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 1200W 80 PLUS Gold Power Supply. There's a $150 difference in the price.. I was wondering is it worth it?!!

HDDs: 256 and 512 Samsung SSD 840 pro. and For storage I wand fast HDD also So i was searching in the Seagate and WD found in both couple of issues: SG 4TB slow and seems a bit unreliable many complains. WD: the 3 or 4 TB Black is said to be really noisy so is that true? I thought I would buy 2HDDs 2TBs WD of that's the case.

Mouse: Razer Ouroboros Elite Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse or ROCCAT Kone XTD Max Customization Gaming Mouse. I have large hands and I'm right handed.

KeyBoard: ROCCAT Isku FX Multicolor Gaming Keyboard Or... if u have any recommendations or any thoughts about the one i chose.

HeadPhone: Sennheiser PC 363D.

Case: I'm buying the NZXT Phantom full tower, it's what's available here, Yet if you know any better let me know.

Now keep in mind I'm buying online coz most of those things ( specially the HDDs and the Mouse and Keyboards) are not here so I can't really test them for my self! So I was wondering if you can help me out whethere tell me the things I should know about the things I chose or If you recommend something better and why?!

Thanks in Advance.

egilbe

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011
Did you just go through and buy the most expensive parts you could find? A 1200 Watt PSU when you only need 500Watts? An over-priced motherboard that doesnt' offer anything more for a board half the price? A 6 core processor to play games?

adimeister

Honorable
My goodness that's a very expensive rig. haha I suggest you to downgrade you 3930k to an i5. Then get a 750w PSU, xfx core edition. Then just get 16gb of memory, 32 is not for gaming. You can retain the rampage 4. I have a WD Black, it's not noisy because I have case fans. I can't hear my HDD.

As for your GPU, evga or asus would be good. But my top pick would be ASUS. And for all the money you have saved, you get get the option of getting two 770s as SLI! It would be a better rig in that way. :D

SaDBoY

Honorable
Aug 8, 2013

Okay.... I'm building a pc that i dont need to upgrade for a while plus I game alot but i do alot of other things that requires such performance.. So I'm building a pc for alot of diff. things i'm a heavy pc user. I need the processor also its the best value for money i7 prcessor the other hexacore are $1000 dollars ... MB:I dun know the diff. if you can tell me I'd be grateful if not,I could do with out the sracism, and instead of being saracstic, help me out maybe save me some money?

adimeister

Honorable
If you're looking for parts that wouldn't be outdated in a while, wait for 3mos. The ddr4 modules are coming out, the mobos that support those are coming out, and the CPUs that support those are coming out. If you can wait, then wait for it. If you want it now, then go for the one I've listed above. The rampage 4 is actually good, IMHO. It's a quality build that should last a lifetime!

SaDBoY

Honorable
Aug 8, 2013

As i said I'm building something to last me a while with no need to upgrade... and what black WD u have 2 or 3 or 4 ? coz the noise thing was for the 3 and 4 TB!
and the GTX780 im buying one now coz in the future i might SLI another GTX 780, about the i5 is there i5 LGA 2011 coz if there's not, then i can't buy the asus rampage right?and u see i was planning to buy a pc and a notebook, but then decided to go all out on a pc and buy the notebook later after i save some money.But I will consider what you offered after all its never bad to save some money :D

SaDBoY

Honorable
Aug 8, 2013

Damn when im this close to buying a pc the new stuff is just around the corner.. I will try to see if i can wait.. If i buy what i listed now and then after the new ones come out i will sell and buy the new... i wont lose much will i? and when they do come out that means that rampage won't support the ddr4 or the new cpus, right?

SaDBoY

Honorable
Aug 8, 2013

First of all are you sure about the 3 month ? 2nd If there's a new line up of everything comiing up, you really recommend i go odler on the MB or the Processor!! 3rd It's a used rig of 3 months and You see I have gift cards that will expire sooon so I probably can't wait I've waited about 6 months so far!

I can see you are MB CPU GC Expert, So tell me if you're building a pc right now and you can go all out, What would you do?!! modify my built no more than $4000 for the entire pc and accessories!

adimeister

Honorable
Simple google will flood you with lots of infos like these http://www.pcper.com/news/General-Tech/IDF-2013-GSkill-Unveils-DDR4-Memory-Modules
Damn you've waited 6months already? haha If I were you, I'd buy today! Specially when accounting your GC. The new GPUs of ATI will also come out around next month. haha A lot of tech will be released this year or early next year. BUTT it's Up to you.

BUT IF you can sell the GC for the face value, do that and wait for the upcoming parts.

SaDBoY

Honorable
Aug 8, 2013

They say there's a year left for that DDR4, and Haswell-E is that the new Sandy Bridge Ivy 4th generation or?

And now I'm facing another problem... what's the crucial diff. bet. The 2 MBs i have listed there that's worth $200 ? coz i need to take $100 off for the overpriced GC!

adimeister

Honorable
Well ok, so if you're going to upgrade now, let's focus at the scenario today and not talk about the ddr4's anymore :)

Well to begin with, the rampage can support your memory upto 2400mhz when OCed. The Sabertooth supports upto 1866 only.

Rampage has 4 PCIE slots that runs at x16, then the sabertooth has 2 only. So that comes in handy when you use 4 GPUs when using the rampage.

Both are high end cards. But if you're planning to just get 2 cards, I suggest the sabertooth. Because it is cheaper! If you're going for 4 GPUs, then no question about it, Rampage wins.

SaDBoY

Honorable
Aug 8, 2013

If that's the crucial diff. then Sabretooth it is.. I wanna save some money :), I've decided on the ram 16GB as you suggested, Corsair domniator or Vengeance 1600-1866, still don't know how much the diff. bet 1600-1866 its the same price so i dont get the diff. is it faster or ? And depends If you think the 4th gen. idea(next Paragraph) is better then I will have to buy the 1600.

Okay one more things.. I was thinking there are MB that support 4th gen, intel proc. ( which are said to be much better than the existing 2nd gen. specially in the gaming sense) ,but the exisiting 4th gen. cpus are low in cache and core power.. and max 4 cores. as far as i've seen, They are also cheap around $200-$300 and the Mbs for them are around $200 which is cheap even though they are just available for LGA 1155 not 2011 ( which so far i dun get the big diff. and appearently I'm not the only one) But I mean in sense that upcoming 4th gen. will be higher in cores and power, So the LGA 1155 will have good proc. to upgrade to or the LGA 2011 will have the better ones in the future?!!

adimeister

Honorable
I'm really not a fan of rams, I don't see why people would buy the most expensive ones. :) You're fine with the Vengeance 1866. The higher the latency, the faster, but you also have to take account the timings. But between 1666 and 1866mhz, there's not much diff. But if they have the same price, why not go with the 1866, right? :)

As far as I know, the 2011 sockets are for the top enthusiasts and servers. The 1155 and 1150 are targeted for the mainstream and enthusiasts. In reality when gaming, all you need is an i5. Even the 4670k is overkill for single GPU, and sufficient enough for 2 780s.

SaDBoY

Honorable
Aug 8, 2013

I've made a decision accordingly, But i have to leave now.. I will tell you my final result next time and you tell me if they are okay ^^