looking for help - mainboard for 4930k build?

nuki

Honorable
Aug 12, 2012
Edit: short version if you wanna skip the text: Are all x79 Boards compatible with IvyBridge-E / 4930k to be specific? How 'bout Asus Px79 Pro? other suggestions for slight OC, about 32gig ram, upper range but not overpriced "extreme" boards?
-thnx ;)

I'm currently upgrading my (really) old computer (q6600) with a focus on heavy rendering (VFX stuff, tons of polygons, materials + fluids) and would like to settle for the 4930k cpu. I actually put together a build several months ago (with the 3930k) but decided to wait for ivybridge-e. The mainboard I selected back then was the Asus PX79 Pro, but I'm confused wether the existing 2011 boards will be fully compatible with the 4xxx CPU's, mainly since intel has declared to not upgrade its 2011 boards. Plus I could not find any reviews for this specific combination (just the commercials regarding the Ultra Highend Asus and EVGA boards).

I'm looking for a "higher end" board but feel that those extreme gaming edition boards are a little overpriced since i don't need a thousand pci-e slots - I don't plan to use sli in the near future since all my rendering is still CPU based (because most of my scenes are huge in terms of memory consumption). That's why i would like to use something between 32-64gb ddr3 on the board - so 8xDDR3 slots are quite important to me. I'm planning to do some slight, stable overclocking on my cpu as well, just so I feel like I'm using the full potential of my cpu ;)

I'd love to hear your suggestions which motherboard would be a good shot or if the Asus Px79 Pro is still an up-to date, decent choice.
thank you in advance for your input!