Phenom II X6 1100T Overclocking Problem(s)

NewStateLegend

Honorable
Sep 16, 2013
Hello Community,
I currently am overclocking to 4.0 GHz but I am trying to get to 4.2 but I can't get it stable. I currently have everything on the auto setting the bus speed is 200 MHz, the multiplier is 20 and the voltage adage is 0.05 V.
It has been stable here for awhile now. I'm trying to squeeze a little bit more out of it because my CPU is bottle necking my GPU slightly.
I have tried increasing the multiplier to 21 and I went as far up as 1.52 V but it wasn't stable so I reset it to my current clock speed.
I don't really know what to do next to get the extra power.
My Specs are:
CPU: Phenom II X6 1100T
MOBO: Asus Sabertooth 990FX
GPU: GTX 680
DRAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1333
PSU: 750 W (I can't remember the brand off the top of my head)

Thanks for any and all future help.

kiezz

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
well as long as you have good cooling i wouldn't be afraid of 1.55v (i run my 1090t at that voltage)and to be honest the extra 200mhz won't make much difference its not worth pushing it that far as it takes more of a jump in voltage to get it stable than getting to 4ghz, you can gain significant performance by pushing the northbridge to 2.7ghz - 2.8ghz if you haven't done so already

NewStateLegend

Honorable
Sep 16, 2013

Oh OK, I will look into over clocking the north bridge. Is there any good literature that would help me to over clock it? Or is it simply the same as the CPU adjusting the frequency and upping the voltage?

kiezz

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
no its not quite like overclocking the clock speed, it will be called cpu NB (i shouldn't have called it northbridge earlier as there is a northbridge chip on the motherboard you don't want to confuse them with voltages) in bios you can choose set speeds from the options and just make sure the voltage you change is cpu NB (not just NB) changing the voltage will increase the temperature of your cpu and 1.3v to 1.35v would be your maximum setting, Id probably leave the voltage set on auto and increase the setting straight to 2800mhz you'll know if you bsod you need to drop it to 2600mhz or increase the voltage

NewStateLegend

Honorable
Sep 16, 2013

OK thanks so much for the help. I'm going to try that and I will report back later with the results.
Thanks again

NewStateLegend

Honorable
Sep 16, 2013
Hey Kiezz increasing the NB to 2800 did it! Now I'm getting a consistent 98% usage out of my video card with an a average increase in 15 FPS. Thanks for the help.

TRENDING THREADS