I was cleaning up my pc for dust and now my monitor says there's no hdmi detected no matter what monitor I try. It also doesn'

I feel so lost. I was cleaning my pc for dust with air prior to this happening. I did not remove my gpu except for wiping a dust smudge with my thumb, except I was sure to remove the static with my hand beforehand. Now my monitor is displaying no hdmi or VGA connection to any monitor I use. Please, help me.
5 answers Last reply
More about cleaning dust monitor hdmi detected matter monitor
  1. Are all cables connected properly ? Happened to me once and it was because a cable slipped from the monitor.
  2. try to connect cable on motherboard vga or hdmi socket. then connect again to your GPU socket while your pc is ON
  3. I've done this before on a old £40 PC I was learning how they worked, I just Poked a little Black bit on the GPU and it fried the hole thing.

I'm not saying this happened to you, but it is a possibility.
  4. gcatalin said:
    Are all cables connected properly ? Happened to me once and it was because a cable slipped from the monitor.

They're all in 100%
  5. Anonymous said:
    try to connect cable on motherboard vga or hdmi socket. then connect again to your GPU socket while your pc is ON

Freaking Derp. I had it into the mobo socket the whole time. I plugged it into the GPU socket and it's up and running. Thanks.
Ask a new question

Read More

Monitors HDMI Graphics