CPU upgrade: best CPU option for socket:479 chipset:i945pm motherboard:Lenovo MFG_IN

G

Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade my CPU, but struggling to find some of the necessary information. I currently have an "Intel Core Duo T2400", hence (apparently) it is in a "479 mBGA" socket. As far as I've read, this means the best possible CPU upgrade would be to an "Intel Core 2 Duo T7600", but I also read that there may be separate compatibility issues depending on my motherboard and chipset. My current chipset is "Intel i945PM" and the motherboard (as far as I can tell) is "Lenovo MFG_IN", and this is where I am struggling to find the information. Specifically, whether this motherboard and chipset will take a "Core 2 Duo T7600".

My first question is: Is the information I have already read correct?

My second question is: If so, do you know whether my motherboard/chipset combo will take a "Core 2 Duo T7600"?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you,

Sam

G

Hi cars,

Thanks for responding.

My computer is a ThinkPad T60, bought refurbished. Indeed, I wasn't sure if I had the right model name for the motherboard. I was going on the information that "PC Wizard" offered up.

G

Thank you very much cars.