Geforce gtx 560 Ti Twin Frozr II and MSI Afterburner

Mixtet

Honorable
Sep 16, 2013
Hey,
Could someone help me?
I want to oc my msi geforce gtx 560 TI Twin Frozr II with msi afterburner.
If i make over 930 mhz clock speed, card is making directX problems after about 1h playing bf3.Should i oc this card,It's possible?I heard that not,but i'm asking cos i don't know :)

PyjamasCat

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013
Basically, what you should do is slowly raise the frequency. Then test stability in Unengine Heaven. This way you will know when to stop OCing as there will be stability issues when you go to the next interval. Then you can pull it back one and you have your OC.
Here is a more in depth OC guide which should help: http://www.overclock.net/t/1265110/the-gtx-670-overclocking-master-guide

Important things are making sure your temps aren't too high, use a variety of stress tests and even games to make sure your GPU is stable and don't expect to get the same results as anyone else. You may have a good card for OCing or you might not.

Mixtet

Honorable
Sep 16, 2013

Thank You for advice,i'll try to do this.My card temp never hits over 70 C in stress.standard version is 880mhz core and 2000 memory, so i think i would'nt expect much better results.

PyjamasCat

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013
Better results (or a good GPU overclock) is around +90MHz for the core clock, and +300MHz for the memory. If you get beyond this, fantastic! If not, that's okay. You bought the card for it's stock specs anyway and no-one can guarantee a card that OCs well (unless the company bins chips really really well). 70°C isn't too bad. I like to keep my cards cooler though (because they are load).

Good luck!