I Need Help Building My First Gaming PC

GraceC

Honorable
Sep 17, 2013
Hi Everyone,

I'm in the process of building my first gaming machine. I have a list of components I am planning to use and wondered if you could take a look and see if there is anything you would change?

Case: COOLER MASTER COSMOS II

CPU: INTEL SIX CORE i7-3970X (3.5GHz)

Motherboard: ASUS® RAMPAGE IV EXTREME: INTEL X79, SOCKET 2011, R.O.G

RAM: 32GB KINGSTON HYPERX BEAST QUAD-DDR3 2400MHz X.M.P (4 x 8GB KIT)

GPU: The 3GB AMD RADEON HD7970 or the 3GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 780?

I don't know which of these cards is best suited for me. Either way I plan on having at least two as I plan on using multiple monitors in the future.

PSU: CORSAIR 1200W PRO SERIES™ PLATINUM AX1200i

Processor Cooler: Corsair H100i Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler

Is there anything you would change/replace/get rid of and if so why? Can you see any potential issues with the build?

Any advice you could give would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for your time. :)

Grace

Honestly, I would get rid of the super high-end processor and go for a i5. You'd be better off spending the money on sandwiches. As goes with the RAM. I have 16GB on my computer, and I struggled to use more than 40% not with just gaming too.

You probably dont need 1200W either unless you are planning to tri-fire or quad-fire.

You're also missing hard drives.

GraceC

Honorable
Sep 17, 2013
Hi Deemo thank you for replying and I apologize for the delay. I will definitely take your advice on board and look at the i5s and consider 16GB of RAM. I didn't think I would need to post my hard drives as everyone needs them. I', going to run two 500GB SSDs in Raid 0 well I think I will. :)