Bizarre build problem

euansharp

Honorable
May 14, 2012
Hey guys having a weird issue with my rig after replacing the mobo and processor to upgrade.

Now when I turn off the computer via desktop it will close windows down, my screen goes blank and the hard drive stops functioning however the case fans, power lights and heat sink fan continues operating.

Right now I am just using the switch next to the PSU to kill the system after shutting down via desktop.

Anyone have this issue or an idea how to fix it?

My Specs

asus z77 sabertooth
i5 3570k
8Gb RAM
Corsair builders series 600W
gtx 670 gigabyte windforce edition

Thanks in advance

Try setting the BIOS to optimized defaults

If that doesnt work try removing the BIOS battery for 15 minutes and then set it to optimised defaults

If that doesnt work you probably have
1/ a faulty power supply or 2/ a short from the mb to the case

euansharp

Honorable
May 14, 2012
is it possible to reset the cmos without removing it since the board is covered in thermal armor and that will be a pain in the ass to remove?

mc962

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
Assuming it's the same general layout as my z87 sabertooth, I don't believe the battery is covered by the armor (I wasn't paying attention the last time I went in to check on some other hardware so I'm only 95% sure). I want to say it's near all the power/activity light/etc. pins towards the bottom (closest to the psu)

*Make up your own decision about the armor, my temperatures are perfectly fine with it on