Successful Overclockers, COME LOOK PLEASE!!

raymondang15

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013
Out of all of these BIOS settings, which ones would you alter?
People are saying that changing only the CPU Core Voltage + CPU clock ratio isn't all the things I'm suppose to alter.

iGzOaW5.png

JtK0CGE.png

ZU9xPb1.png

Y5qRgTk.png

dragonsamus

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
I've got the Z77A-G45 with a 2500K and all I did was change the cpu cores to 45 then changed vdroop to 100%. I also maxed out long duration power limit, long duration maintained, short duration power limit, primary plane current limit, secondary plane current limit, primary plane turbo power limit and secondary plane turbo power limit.

With these settings, it turbo overclocks to 4.5 Ghz under load and drops down to 1.6 Ghz when idle.

raymondang15

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013

Mmm, do you think I should do this too?
What did you change your volt to?

dragonsamus

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
Volt was left on auto. It goes up under load and goes down during idle. If you want a hard overclock, change the CPU ratio to 45 and it'll keep it at 4.5 Ghz always. If you do that then you'll need to adjust the CPU voltage.

raymondang15

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013

Ohh, the core limit is the maximum that it'll go up to?
And change CPU Ratio is where it'll stay at that "value" forever?

If I want it to stay forever, I just only need to change the CPU core voltage?

dragonsamus

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
When you adjust CPU ratio it will change it for all cores and it'll be a hard overclock. It won't downclock when idle.
When you change the core ratio limit it'll change it for each individual core. They all need to be the same. And overclocking that way is the turbo method. Also change and enable enhanced turbo.

raymondang15

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013

The things you told me to change, should I change them to those values(max)?

jricknewb

Honorable
Sep 16, 2013
Without trying to sound harsh, I strongly recommend you go read several overclocking guides and learn about what you are doing to your system. There is significant risk to uniformed random adjustment of voltage of your system. There are many great, extensive overclocking guides written by very intelligent, thorough people on this forum and many other forums dedicated to overclocking. Go read, learn, get informed and then have fun pushing the limits of your machine.

I think it is pretty bad to simply post begging for the community to just tell you the exact settings to put your machine at. Overclocking is an art as much a science and takes patience and stability testing along with a bit of intuition and skill. Learn what you want to do and why, then let the community help you with more specific questions you run into as you are learning, not just a broad "what settings should I use for my machine?"

raymondang15

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013

I only changed my CPU Core Voltage and CPU Limit in BIOS. Is that enough? Voltage is at 1.225. And stable
And may you link me a guide?

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you see anything out of whack?....anything dangerous? You may think it's bad for people to look for help, it's also bad to criticize for no reason other than someone may not know better or was taking advice from some else, A simple " might look to an OC guide would suffice", am sure there was a time when you were't positive of what to do or what approach to take.

Reactions: Astronomy