Extremely low FPS when overclocking FX-8350

AssumingUnicorn

Honorable
May 14, 2013
I've had my FX-8350 Vishera CPU for about half a year now and I recently just got a Hyper 212 Evo aftermarket cooler. It works really nicely; all quiet and whatnot so I don't think the fan is the problem. I ran auto-tune on AMD Vision Engine Control Center and I could go up to 4.6 GHz on CPU OverDrive. I've tried 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, 4.5, and 4.6 GHz but all of which results on very very low FPS.

Usually while playing Tera I get about 50 FPS but I hit under 5 FPS and while playing League of Legends I average about 150 FPS but I get under 10. It's my first time overclocking but it doesn't seem hard with the auto tune and the helper in the control center.

What seems to be the problem?

Try overclocking via BIOS, what is your full specs? https://www.google.com/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=8350+oc+guide&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

AssumingUnicorn

Honorable
May 14, 2013

How do I overclock using the BIOS?

Specs:

CPU: AMD Vishera FX-8350 8-Core 4.0GHz
Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo
RAM: 16GB Ram G.Skill Ripjaws X Series
GPU: XFX AMD Radeon 7950 3GB
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
PSU: Corsair 650W
Case: Antec Three Hundred Illusion Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Well, your motherboard does not seem cut out for OCing, it is best just to leave it @4GHz.

Call Me Crazy

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013

Upgrade to the Gigabyte 990 http://

Its on sale right now and it works really well! OC'ing is simple, if you know how to do it!

Adroid

Distinguished
You don't mention any neccessary information in your post. If I had to take a wild guess (though a complete shot in the dark), you may be overheating the CPU and it is throttling, which could be damaging the CPU and/or reducing the life span of various system components including but not limited to the CPU.
First and foremost, never, ever, EVER use a windows program to overclock. Use bios or don't overclock at all. You should read more guides before you burn something up.
Did you apply thermal paste, the right amount, in the right way?

I am not an AMD overclocker pro, but I have been building computers for over 10 years, and overclocked my last couple. I am not trying to scare you, but you should be scared if you don't know the answers to my questions above, especially the temperature question ;)