Minimal vent - self contained liquid cooled case?

camrobinson

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2011
Hey Guys,

I'm the IT guy for my business and our office is in a VERY dusty environment (horse property). I am curious if there are any pre built, low (or no) ventilation case that comes with a liquid cooling system pre-built into it? I need to keep the case as closed as possible to minimize dust getting in. The computer/server needs beefy processing, lot's of RAM, and only 1 or 2 hard drives (One SSD & One 7200). Any recommendations? Thanks in advance!

I know of no off-the-shelf models fitting that criteria but I might suggest OriginPC as a boutique builder that may be able to accommodate your needs (doubtful it will be inexpensive). Even with watercooling, airflow is needed, you might want to look into the various dust filters (generic and custom fit) available

Mudiver1

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013

You may consider a low cost Amsoil air filter. They make a foam filter that filters down to a few microns. The foam filter is imprenated with a special filter oil that is very tacky. The filter has a very low resistance to air flow.If the filter gets dirty its washable then reapply the custom filter oil.The oil cannot be sucked into the case. you'll understand the special properties of this oIl when you put it between fingers, its much to tacky to move off of the air filter. To note, very little filter oil is needed in this application. Yust call Amsoil tech support and ask for a sample filter I am sure they will accommodate you. ribe009@gmail.com
Code:
[spoil[/spoiler]