How many of you will boycott GTA V? (at least wait till price dropped to $9.99)

I for one will stop supporting Rock* en masse, I have purchased all their games, GTA, GTA London, GTA 2 were my first.

Now I will not purchase GTA V on release I will rather have Watchdogs.
I might still get it but not before the price dropped to R99.99 (about $9.99)

I don't care if it will not hurt them financially due to popularity on the console. I just know that I support who support me. Since all games are made on PC they should make the pc version first then port, piracy is a bad & overused excuse.

You guys can now give your opinions or read on

I personally believe only like 10-20% of the gaming community pirate.

Most of us have jobs, Steam makes life so easy there really isn't any reason to pirate so they just use it as an excuse (people pirate console games too) to not have to do any effort.

The real reason is probably they don't want to create a new engine on every release due to the endless possibilities on PC (creating a rival to Unreal 4 might prove difficult) so they just avoided it all together.

GJ Rock* you kicked me on the street, now I am a driving in my limo waving goodbye with a smile.

Your post doesn't make any sense because THAT ^ is what I said... (If they made it on PC and ported it to console then it would have been released on PC and this post would not have existed)

Furthermore my post in in plain English so it should be understandable. Read it again if it does not make sense.

My point whole point is it should be made for PC and then ported to console... :??:

Consoles are the bigger market share, they want to make money, like any business. If you don't like their business model then simply do not buy their product. They do not even have to make a PC version, they have no need to.

While you complain and think you are sticking it to them they will make millions of dollars in profit. Life isn't fair get over it, we don't always get what we want.

How about do something useful and sign this: https://www.change.org/en-IN/petitions/rockstar-release-gta-v-on-pc

Was one of the first to sign it :)

MorkS

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010
I may end up picking it up on a Steam sale at some point, however I have very little interest in the GTA franchise. I really gave IV a shot but lost interest quickly.

I've seen a couple of videos of the new one and was not overly impressed. Especially with the one character who just swears constantly...honestly I found it annoying.

Maybe I'll pick it up when there are some good mods for it.

I agree with MorkS, will probably get it on steam.

Yeah Vice City was my all time favourate too, followed by San Andreas (I liked the customization in S.A).

GTA IV was too repetitive, not enough customization. Yet it is still fun to commit crime and blow things up.

They will bring it out, but my original question is will any of you actually boycott it on initial release? And wait for the price to drop substantially (by which time the mods should be released anyway)

I believe PC gamer will buy it once it releases on PC(during a sale), and with a plethora of mods it will be so much fun. If they properly port it I will buy it full retail price.

Since you don't know, gtaV sells are now over a BILLION dollars now. Seems making and releasing on consoles was a good idea...SURPRISE!!!!!!!!
I'm not a child, so i have the intelligence to WAIT for the game to be released for pc. I have other things i can do while i'm waiting....

No one ever said it was not a good idea, no one is surprised they made so much money. It was expected, it's the biggest video game in the world.

Intelligence has nothing to do with patience, do not confuse patience with a lack of customer service.

No one cares, do not insinuate other people are children because you just give off the same impression.

You have still not answered the THREAD's question so thus you are way off topic so please if you are not going to stay on topic go create your own thread do not steal mine to rant about how happy you are Rockstar made money.

The whole point of this thread was to find out if people playing on pc are going to boycott Rock* for ignoring their market when they could've easily added a pc version on release as well if they really wanted, but they don't care. So I want to know do pc gamers not care about GTA V enough to only buy on a reduced price ect. (I am explaining my OP for you again because you still don't understand it.)

edogwa's answer was the most accurate anyway.

vsaxa

Honorable
Sep 26, 2013

R* is probably lol at you.

How so? I said I don't care if it will NOT <- keyword there... perhaps you missed it.

So in other words my statement means they will make money on the console and I don't care that my money doesn't mean anything to them (perhaps you will understand this better :))

vsaxa

Honorable
Sep 26, 2013
If you read several comments about GTA reviews on different game sites, it has very good responses and the reviews gives higher than a 9.
What matters is that Rockstar brought a awesome product on the market. Those people put more than $ 250 million into a game. If you think its a shitty game, then keep your opinions to yourself and dont buy it.
Watchdogs has not yet appeared on the market, so if its going to be better than GTA 5, thats also an mistery.

Could you give me a source where you did get this information from? There is even no pc version announced by Rockstar, nobody knows how it is or going to be.

#1 Quote me where I badmouthed the game. No one said it was a bad game, all GTA games are awesome this damn thread is about people not going to buy the pc version on release and if one more troll comments here I will report you for hijacking the thread. you have been warned.

#2 Go rage somewhere else kid I have no time for it.

#3 That was obviously my opinion as is the whole thread. In the future read your forum posts with a dictionary in hand if you do not comprehend the meaning of probably, it is not my place to teach you English.

#4 I will not answer your last question because GTA V is the same engine as GTA IV just a more refined look, if you had read reviews about it as you stated you would know it's not on a new engine, this is why it is on old gen.

#5 As I mentioned before if you are not going to stick to my thread and contribute leave.

vsaxa

Honorable
Sep 26, 2013
1. I cannot find any information in Terms and Agreements for this forum about replying on topics are not allowed.

2. If you want to report, just go ahead.

3. Im free to reply on this topic as your free to start one.

Edit:

As you see those are some rules:

Post in ALL CAPS or use excessive punctuation!!!
Share personal information, like your email address. Identify theft is real.
Bump posts, claim "first!"
Hijack a topic. Stick to the original conversation.
Ask for help pirating, cracking passwords, or bypassing copyright protection

As you see, im still talking about the same subject and not Hijacking your topic.
I think GTA 5 will be have awesome graphics for pc.