Custom water cooling: Is Full tower required?

Colton Pan

Honorable
Jun 14, 2013
I recently gaining interests on getting those cool custom water cooling for my computer. I have a mid tower right now. Am I required to have a full tower? Well, I noticed I don't have any spot for a double radiator. But anyway, is full tower required?

ddbtkd456

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013
It is not required for it but it does make it a lot easier to have one. I have the NZXT Switch 810 - (Amazon @ 149.99) when i bought it and it has so much room to work in. You can do it with single 120mm (140 mm) fans and radiators, and they do make res/pumps combos that will fit in a 5.25" bay but i have heard they get really noisy. I would recommend a full size tower for water cooling, then you can get the separate pump, res, and radiator and make it look really expensive. Plus its a lot easier to work with.

Lutfij

Titan
To answer your question ,to the point, ...No, you don't need a full tower case to do watercooling.

With the sort of hardware available and your resourcefulness in working with your case(via modding) will help you out in your watercooing project(s). If you'd like a gentle nudge in the right directions to what to look for when shopping for watercooling hardware - please check out the watercooling sticky located in my sig
:)

Colton Pan

Honorable
Jun 14, 2013
Thanks everyone for the answers! I have also thought of another point. It's probably much more sexier in a full tower case where in mid or even smaller case would kinda need to squish things together and make it messy, Thanks! I guess I'll try that later when the new AMD GPU is out and I'll do all of them together.

It depends on how much you have to cool and how far you are willing to gut/mod your existing case. If you have an SLI/Crossfire setup and a CPU to cool and arent willing to mod your mid-tower, your going to need a bigger case.

EDIT: Long time no see Lutfij :)

Lutfij

Titan
Manofchalk - sorry I didn't mention this earlier on your thread :p but congrats on your moderator status buddy!

Colton Pan - some inspiration(I just hope you take you own approach :) )
b8da9653_DSC_0045.jpeg

http://www.overclock.net/t/838683/fractal-design-case-club/6900_100#post_19547137
http://www.overclock.net/t/838683/fractal-design-case-club/6900_100#post_19536255
http://www.overclock.net/t/838683/fractal-design-case-club/6900_100#post_19566694

remember there are tonnes and tonnes of cases available! Question is how far will you use your resources?
;)

Colton Pan

Honorable
Jun 14, 2013
that looks fantastic!

The main reason I wanted to use a mid tower was because I didn't have much space to put anything bigger than a mid tower, but I managed to get a space where I can show off my computer and a good amount of space for full tower.

I'm thinking to put around 200~300 dollars on water cooling and maybe buy a CM Storm Stryker for the case. I'm still reading all those water cooling guide from overclock.net tomshardware and linustechtips. Haven't finished reading all of them. I might change my mind after reading all of them. Also, i'm waiting on the new AMD Graphics card. I might wait for the water block as well!