Case Help Required!

gcohen

Honorable
Sep 16, 2013
Hello, everyone. I'm working on my first build here and I'm stuck on what case to buy.. Naturally I want the best of the best..

If you're curios, I'm working with a 3350 8 core amd, 7950 radeon sapphire, and a gigabyte 990fx motherboard.

My criteria priorities:
1. AIRFLOW- extremely important
2. Cable management
3. Ease of use, as its my first build.
4. Noise levels
5. Under 100$

I've been looking around at cases like NZXT 410 Phantom, Zalman MS800, Corsair 350D/300R/400R. I've been hearing amazing things about the NZXT, but to me its just an eyesore. Please comment your suggestions below, and thank you in advance!

-gcohen96

Jaxem

Honorable
While on the cheaper end (though after fans i pushed the $100 mark), i have a Xigmatek Asgard 381 and i've been very happy with it. It has mounting points for 8 fans, half for 120's and half for either 120's or 140's, it has a pretty good amount of space behind the motherboard try for cable management and is just wide enough to fit a CM hyper 212+/evo. The noise all depends on the fans you use and what speeds you run them at. I'm running mostly Cougar CF- V12HP's and they're whisper quiet.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811815018

dottorrent

Honorable
The Phantom is the better case. It is built like a tank, has lots of room for cable management and that "eyesore" design is for maximum airflow. A friend of mine has that case and recommended that case for me for a future upgrade. You won't be disappointed with the Phantom.

gcohen

Honorable
Sep 16, 2013

I am totally aware.. That's why I'm conflicted. My logic is that if I'm going to have it for the next few years, I might as well get something that looks pretty. What I'm looking for is a case similar to performance as an NZXT but maybe a more conservative design. Thanks guys.