Cloned a 150gig drive onto a new 320gig drive using Easus, now although the lap top boots up and runs fine, I can only access

corrspec

Honorable
Sep 18, 2013
A new cloned 320gig hard drive was cloned from the original 140 gig drive. With the new drive installed, everything runs fine, but only have access to the 140gig drive size, losing 170gig of the new drive. How can I expand to the full drive storage?

ebaligod

Honorable
Jun 23, 2013
Resize a Partition for Free in Windows 7 or Vista

I am assuming you're not on Windows XP: Here's the link:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/resize-a-partition-for-free-in-windows-vista/

The easeus cloning software should have had an option to expand the partiton on the new drive, otherwise it uses the original partition size. You may be able to use disk management to expand the partition.

Beachnative

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013
If you can't see the rest of your drive you'll need to expand the partitian into the unallocated space. Hirens Boot CD has a good set of tools that I use quite a bit. But you just need GParted
Click HERE

Smlarkin

Reputable
Feb 6, 2015

Smlarkin

Reputable
Feb 6, 2015
You may have to start all over and instead of cloning the drive; choose a partition copy instead. This will allow you to add more partitions in the Disk Manager (Assuming you are using Windows NT type OS) Disk manager will also allow you to expand the partition to the the full disk size. It is found in Administration tools on the control panel.