Best Graphics Card on the Market for Gaming? (in Your Opinion)

GraceC

Honorable
Sep 17, 2013
Hi All,

I'm in the middle of putting together my first gaming PC (see link).

I really don't know which graphics card to choose. I thought I had it down to two but I'm really no sure. I want the bast card I can get that will support three monitors at high resolution 1080>.

I don't care if it's Nvidia or AMD and it doesn't matter if I need multiple cards just let me know.

Thank you so much for your time :)

Grace

ShaBaz Khan

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013
incase budget is not part of your concern..for your requirement you will be needing probably GTX 760,770,.....
with atleast 2GB of VRAM or more.....(2GB is minimum required for 4k gaming)
or i would advice you to wait abit..as AMD is soon releasing series 9*** GPU and they are a burning topic nowadays..so you should atleast tak a look at them..
just to avoid the feeling of regret :D

OJKD

Honorable
Sep 15, 2013
This is not an opinion, it is a fact; nVidia GTX Titan is the best on the consumer market. As the user above states, there is a new AMD-series coming out. They will most likely not be as powerful as the Titan(ofc, it´s a Titan).

It will however affect the pricing of cards like the 780, and maybe the 9970 will be even better than the 780. Anyways, there will be a press-conference Sept 25. Wait until then at least.

ShaBaz Khan

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013

no doubt TITAN is the most powerfull card but it is ridiculously over priced..
if he waits..till the release he can easily save money and get a decent card fulfilling his requirements..

OJKD

Honorable
Sep 15, 2013
True, however, if OP wants the best card out there, that is the Titan, and it will most likely have the same pricetag after the AMD release. It will still be the best card out there, and without any competition, they can charge whatever they want.

It is overpriced though. We can agree on that. I´d rather go with another card myself. The new 9970 or the 780, they give decent value, at least compared to the Titan. Unfortunately, the GPU market is really bad at the moment, because nVidia is really king, at least for the next month.

OJKD

Honorable
Sep 15, 2013

That is highly unlikely(20nm). TMSC has stated earlier that the 20nm units are in a limited production state. That means the 9970 have to be almost twice as fast, with the same technology-basis. Not going to happen. I think a 50-60% is a more realistic, yet still optimistic number. AMD has stated in a press-release that the 9970 wil not be a $999 card, but rather a "enthusiast" -card. I think $5-600 is a realistic price estimate, and that places it around the 780.

TRENDING THREADS