DVI to VGA conversion on XFX 7850 (FX-785A-CNL4)

My primary display is an LG L224WS that I purchased years back. It has native resolution of 1680x1050 and only one VGA input.

Now, I want to buy an XFX Radeon 7850, and to be specific, this model:
http://shop.amd.com/us/Manufacturer/XFX/Detail/GraphicCard/FX-785A-CNL4

...since nothing else is currently available in my region (also, I was looking for a card that needs only one 6 pin PCI connector).

Now, with a DVI to VGA adapter, can I connect my current monitor? I know that all DVI ports do not support the conversion, but is the one in XFX FX-785A-CNL4 the DVI port that supports this conversion? And can I use resolutions like 1440x900 or 1280x800?

I'm making the purchase tomorrow, so any help will be much appreciated!
3 answers Last reply
More about dvi vga conversion xfx 7850 785a cnl4
  1. Yes, yes, yes. The graphics card should come with a DVI-I to VGA converter as well.
  2. Rangan Das said:
    My primary display is an LG L224WS that I purchased years back. It has native resolution of 1680x1050 and only one VGA input.

Now, I want to buy an XFX Radeon 7850, and to be specific, this model:
    http://shop.amd.com/us/Manufacturer/XFX/Detail/GraphicCard/FX-785A-CNL4

...since nothing else is currently available in my region (also, I was looking for a card that needs only one 6 pin PCI connector).

Now, with a DVI to VGA adapter, can I connect my current monitor? I know that all DVI ports do not support the conversion, but is the one in XFX FX-785A-CNL4 the DVI port that supports this conversion? And can I use resolutions like 1440x900 or 1280x800?

I'm making the purchase tomorrow, so any help will be much appreciated!

ihog said:
    Yes, yes, yes. The graphics card should come with a DVI-I to VGA converter as well.

Looks like I have to override EDD to get the job done. But, it's working!
  3. ihog said:
    Yes, yes, yes. The graphics card should come with a DVI-I to VGA converter as well.

Looks like I have to override EDD to get the job done. But, it's working!

how did you fix this? i do alot of computer work and i have this same card but i have never seen this solution

please help
Ask a new question

Read More

LG DVI VGA XFX Graphics Radeon Displays