i think my graphics card is broken, but please help

Emthor

Honorable
Sep 19, 2013
hi, i tried to clean my pc. when i put in my graphics-card again, my moniter just said: no connection or something. I am not sure if my graphics card is broken or?? all of my fans are working, even the one on my graphics card, even though it is now a lot louder. I don't think it is my powersupply since everything else is working? well.. my usb ports doesn't work as well, but i guess they only turn on once windows is started?

Emthor

Honorable
Sep 19, 2013
ehm.. i used air to clean it, and i really don't think i have any way to connect my pc to my screen without the graphic card

md1032

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Oh OK. Some mobos have onboard graphics nowadays. It sounds like a wire somehow moved and is shorting somewhere. Carefully examine all of your wiring and jiggle the computer case violently (while it's off) to detect loose screws. Remove everything non-essential (including anything more than one stick of RAM) including all drives and just try to get into the BIOS or UEFI...that includes all non-essential case connections.

Emthor

Honorable
Sep 19, 2013

i couldn't find any lose wires or so. do you think it would help buying a new graphics card?? i was looking to get a new one, but if it is not the graphics card that is broken then.. well. i don't know :D

Prithwi2050

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013
It happened with me also. Probably your keyboard and mouse are also not getting connections from your mobo. That's exactly what happened with me. Just go for a CMOS reset. remove the battery from your motherboard and put it back on and try it.. That worked for me..

Emthor

Honorable
Sep 19, 2013

ok.. i tried that now, the CMOS reset did not work.. i now think that it may be my graphics card or maybe my motherboard is dead.. i will try purchasing a new graphics card, and if that doesn't fix it, i will have to get a new motherboard i think.

Before throwing money at it that you might not need to spend, take it to a shop and have them tell you what's wrong with it. Often, if you buy the needed part from them, they will discount the cost of diagnosis or remove the cost completely.

Emthor

Honorable
Sep 19, 2013

ok thanks all :D

creepermax16

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014
Not trying to scare you or nothing but i have done this before too i had a 7970 and one of the fans broke then eventually it just stoped working then when i got a new card it worked but for sure take it too pc shop :)