Some Advice For a N00b Gaming System Owner

Dirkeschtan

Honorable
Sep 19, 2013
Hi

(please excuse if my english is bad, i am South African :p)

This is probably very forward of me but Please could someone have a look at my pc specs and advise on what i could do to improve on it (preferably without spending any money on it, i.e. configs or somesuch). It is playing Games OK but i get the weird feeling that something isn't right, like weird lag in some games Like ARMA III and Batman Arkham City and the Witcher 2. I was told it would play all new games on highest settings.

I did not Build it myself as i am not that technically skilled and the machine was built for me by my IT company as a replacement of my old Gaming PC ( Insurance paid for it so i did not even choose the components). They just got a budget and i told them to give me the best Gaming pc they could for that budget.

Computer Case:Corsair Obsidian 800D

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.8GHz

CPU Cooler: Corsair HYDRO H100i Liquid Cooler

Memory : Corsair 2x 32 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1866Mhz Kits (64GB RAM TOTAL

Graphics Card: 2 x Gigabyte Geforce GTX Titan 6GB in Sli Mode

Motherboard: Gigabyte Ga-X79S-UP5-WIFI

Sound Card: Motherboard Integrated HD Sound

Networking: Motherboard Dual 1gb LAN + Wifi Card

Power Supply: Corsair Proefessional series Ax1200i Digital 1200W power supply.

Hard Drives : 3x Seagate Barracuda 3TB SATA 6GB/s

DVD Drive: LITEON 24x Super all-write Sata DVD-R

Blu Ray: LG 16x BLU Ray Writer

Keyboard: Gigabyte OSMIUM Mechanical Gaming Keyboard

Operating System: Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Mouse: Gigabyte M8600 AIVIA wireless Macro Gaming Mouse

Thank you in advance for any advice. Peace.

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Good rig overall, might check you have the latest BIOS and drivers, DRAM is overkill for gaming and might be causing lags since they used 2 sets of DRAM and would guess timings/voltages are off, XMP is programmed by the set so mixing sets can throw things off, might try with a single set in the A1, B1, C1 and D1 slots, then enable XMP and select profile 1 - if it seems better that way then will need adjustments to DRAM and MC voltage and prob to the Advanced/secondary timings,

Dirkeschtan

Honorable
Sep 19, 2013
WOW !

Thank you for the quick Reply !

I will have to print out your reply and give it to my IT guys because my n00b brain does not understand it, let alone know how to do it !