Honorable
Jul 15, 2013
So recently built a new computer specs are as follows:

MB: Gigabyte Z87 ud4h
CPU: Intel i5 4670k
GPU: Evga SC GTX 770
RAM: G skill 4gb
PSU: MK II silencer 750w gold

So I've been experiencing just random freezes in games particularly League of Legends which is what i play most. I'll have streaks of just flawless gaming but occasionally the screen just freezes and sound still plays normal to an extent ie, not looping over. After about maybe a minute or 2 later game run normal. It has happened in Skyrim maybe once, once in Splinter Cell Blacklist.

I'd be more than happy to give more info on my rig, if needed.

G

I assume that you updated all of the appropriate drivers. Also, the system should give a notification when it saves itself from such a freeze-up. Perhaps try alt-tabbing out of the game when it recovers and see if the action center notifies you. Also, check the archived messages section of the action center for any notifications. When did the problems start?

oOteeNyOo

Honorable
Jul 15, 2013

Well recently when it did it again i alt tabbed as soon as i could and a windows security essential alert came up regarding a scan that detected no threats. I turned the WSE active virus scan off at that point. I'll see if that does anything. My GPU is up to date, and my motherboard has only the basic drivers to run(LAN, sound, chipset, usb), i don't know if maybe that may have something to do with it.