Site issues, is it just me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a seriously bad time using the site over the last few weeks, list includes -

1. Pages freeze
2. Extremly slow to post and load
3. Sometimes won't post replies at all
4. No preview option, button is there but nothing
5. Wierd reply box, very small, no smiley or change of text options (see pic)

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/8267/5m7q.png

Tried logging out and in again a few times, sometimes works, mostly not though.

Tried to post a reply earlier and after about 5 attempts got the Error 500.

Now its posted the reply twice :pt1cable:

Just wondered if this was something others are experiencing also.

Thanks.

D

Deleted member 217926

They have obviously been working on some things. Badges are a bit different and I believe the post editing function has been changed a bit. Probably some more things I have not noticed as well as some behind the scenes work going on too. They will have it back up and running soon I would imagine.

No its not just you it has been like this from day one of the new forum.
Its as if the new features that they wanted to include took preference over basic usability.
Its been quite a few months now and things are getting no better.

@Toms Team.

Hate to come over negative guys however you must realize that if you were supplying a service such as broadband many people would have switched by now.
Its difficult to remain positive and patient when you see basic usability continue to struggle yet cosmetic things like changing the colour of the Avatar mouse over windows are being done.

Mactronix :)

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
There was a temporary outage of the service that occurred at our Network Operations Center and was causing a whole host of issues recently. The problem has been resolved and the forum is back in operation, though the developers will be cleaning up some of the residual problems from the outage like thread tracking and duplicates. We do apologize for the temporary inconvenience.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Just an update from a casual observing. It seems some issues continue to linger (now 25 SEP). I am noticing more duplicate posts and a general "slowness" to opening some forum features/links.

It also seems that "uggs" are now very popular on tech sites....just sayin'.

Thanks for a great site!

gary king

Honorable
Mar 5, 2013
I'm noticing a LOT of blank pages lately. As in, when I click on a link on the site, the page tries to load for a second, and then a blank page shows up. No HTML is loaded at all, so the server isn't returning anything. Is anyone else noticing this?

Also, when making a post on the forum, sometimes it will take a long time to load, and then fail; a message will appear indicating that the forum has failed to post.

D

Deleted member 217926

Yeah there are some problems tonight. I have been unable to get on the forums at all for the last hour or so until now.

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
We had a few server latency issues late last night due to a migration for a script on Best Answers. These should be resolved as of this morning. Apologies for the momentary hiccups.

gary king

Honorable
Mar 5, 2013
I'm seeing less errors now, but it's still a really slow site at the moment. Like, some pages will take minutes to load, and then return a "Gateway Timeout" error.

For want of a better word and I don't mean to be abusive or shun your attempts at making the site better but I am still experiencing the same crap!

SLOW

SILLY SMALL REPLY BOX

NO SMILEYS OR TEXT OPTIONS

NO PREVIEW

ERROR 500

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
Hey there beanoslim.
I'm sorry to hear that you are still experiencing issues with the site. I'm going to have one of our technical folks get in touch with you via email to troubleshoot the issue you are having in-depth, and see if we can diagnose what precisely is happening on your end of things. Please expect an email shortly.

sou_38130

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012

Hi there,
Could you pls give us more details. I can't reproduce the "Silly small reply box" i'm using IE10. could you give more details on your IE version. Are you blocking any javascripts?

For the "Preview", I can see it on your image. http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/8267/5m7q.png

For the smiley it's probably linked to the same issue of the box size.

are you still experiencing the 500 error on posting?

Thanks for your answers.

Ok

Well upgrading to IE10 seems to have solved a few issues :)

Smileys are back and the preview option now works for the 1st time since the switch.

I did get the Error 500 message the other day but now that I have upgraded to IE10 I will see how it goes, it even seems a little more responsive so maybe that was the cause of everything.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.