Graphis card for Team Fortress 2 on Eyefinity 3 Monitors?

eyefinity3

Honorable
Sep 20, 2013
Hello!

I was wondering if anyone could suggest a GPU for the build I have going on. Here's the link to the parts I was thinking about using. (If you have any suggestions for other parts, that'd be great!)

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1FOll

This is primarily being built for algorithm design and the software I use for that, is almost all cpu dependent. Hence the FX-8350.

Although, since I have 3 monitors to hook up to it, I figured I might as well add a gpu that can play Team Fortress 2 on all 3 monitors, cause that's a game I enjoy and all I really have time for.

The monitors are Acer X221W's and they are 1680 x 1050 resolution.

Other notes: I'd like to go as cheap as possible but with room in the case and on the PSU and Mobo to upgrade to more of a mid-range GPU later on, that I could play Battlefield 4 on.

Any help is much appreciated! This is my first build, and although it's exciting, somewhat daunting being a noob.

Thanks!

Solution

It depends on how you want to define "minimum". Other lower cards will allow you to run your game, but you'll have to dial settings way back. With a 7950, the extra gig of ram (3 gigs vs 2 on most lower cards) helps at EyeFinity resolution. I run 2x 7950's for multi-monitor gaming and by far the 7950 is the best compromise on price vs performance when it comes to multi-monitor gamig.

One thing to keepin mind, AMD is showing off there new cards within the week so you may want to wait and see what they show. If nothing else it may drive the price on the older cards down.

AdioKIP

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2008

It depends on how you want to define "minimum". Other lower cards will allow you to run your game, but you'll have to dial settings way back. With a 7950, the extra gig of ram (3 gigs vs 2 on most lower cards) helps at EyeFinity resolution. I run 2x 7950's for multi-monitor gaming and by far the 7950 is the best compromise on price vs performance when it comes to multi-monitor gamig.

One thing to keepin mind, AMD is showing off there new cards within the week so you may want to wait and see what they show. If nothing else it may drive the price on the older cards down.

Solution