Running 2 monitors with the GeForce GTX 770 2GB

Heckwheels

Honorable
Sep 20, 2013
Hi there! I am about to purchase (build) a gaming computer that will supposedly be ready for the next generation of games. Here is the PcPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1FMyW. Also, my inspiration for this build: http://newbcomputerbuild.com/gaming-pc-builds-of-the-month-2/september-2013-budget-gaming-pc-builds-600-1000-1500/#1500-pc-build. (I'm open to any suggestions you have!) I've never built a computer before, and the only this that scares me is the graphics card (GeForce GTX 770 2GB). I am pretty sure it's a good graphics card, and that it can handle 2 monitors. But I'm honestly not sure how to hook it up to them? I was planning to use 2 HDMI cables, but this graphics card only has one. It also has a display port, which I was planning to convert to HDMI. Would that be a good idea?

I'm also a little bit skeptical about the square case it's using (Cooler Master HAF XB) and wether or not it's good for beginners/easy to use/not too big.

Also, fyi, I was planning to have the monitors being extended (I think that's it), not showing the same thing. Just in case, here's the monitor: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/benq-monitor-gw2750hm

Cheers!
Max
Canada

You can slightly reduce the cost by going with 8GB of RAM instead of 16GB. If you strictly play games and don't use any programs (like PhotoShop) that eats up a lot of RAM, then there's no real benefit for having that much RAM.

Regarding the monitor DisplayPort to HDMI adapter should would. You should not have any issues with two monitors. I have two monitors connected to a Rasdeon HD 5850.

Heckwheels

Honorable
Sep 20, 2013

Thanks for the response! Price isin't really an issue, but thanks anyways. I just figured making it a little bit more future proof would be great. Great! I was just scared I would lose some response time/quality/sound quality issues if I used an adaptor.

Heckwheels

Honorable
Sep 20, 2013

I don't really know how, so it didn't really think of it. Do you think I should? I'm a beginner, so I'm not exactly adept (at all) at building computers. I've heard that it puts a lot of strain on the CPU cooler...

CG100

Honorable
Aug 23, 2013

Well there's plenty of tutorials on youtube so I don't think it matters but the whole reason I asked you is if you need a aftermarket cooler, if you want to you can but if you're not then you can just use the stock fan

Heckwheels

Honorable
Sep 20, 2013

Okay. I really want to but I'm a little scared of the whole thermal paste thing.

CG100

Honorable
Aug 23, 2013

Well it's all up to you, like I said. there are plenty of videos on YouTube that you can follow and help out a lot. Also if you're not overclocking the Intel fan has pre-applied thermal paster which you don't need to worry about.

Also, I recommend you watch this video in particular. And you seek his channel out if you need further assistance with your PC since his channel is full of tutorials.

Best of luck!