Computer restarts as soon as I start a game or when I try to run furmark. Not PSU.

jeongnam85

Honorable
Sep 20, 2013
Currently running: Windows 7 Professional 64bit
CPU:Intel Core i7-3930K Hexa-Core Processor 3.2 Ghz 12 MB Cache LGA 2011
GPU:EVGA Geforce GTX Titan Superclocked 6gb GDDR5 384Bit
Mother Board: ASUS Sabertooth X79 LGA 2011
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8) DDR3 1600MHz
Power Supply: Silverstone Tek ATX 12v/EPS12V 1200Watts 80+ Gold
Liquid Cooled: XSPC CPU and GPU waterblock plus components that go along with it.

Basically as soon as I start up a game my computer restarts same goes with Fur Mark it restarts. I have no idea whats going on with my computer. I swapped out PSU and it didn't solve the problem.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Normally, that is one indication of a weak or failing PSU. Or possibly low voltage. But at 1200W, it can't be weak. I'm not familiar with that PSU. Can you link me to that model so I can examine the specs?
Have you checked the voltage level at the wall receptacle?

jeongnam85

Honorable
Sep 20, 2013

Thanks for the reply
http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=321&area=en
My Wall Receptacle is normal. 120Volts
I also have the Corsair HX750 and its the same problem.

My computer works fine but as soon as I touch anything that has to do with graphics it crashes. Even if I try to run that windows component rate test. I also did the memtest86 everything was fine. Oh and when it crashes sometime it restarts but nothing shuts off (mobo, fan, power etc) but often times everything remain on but no screen so I have to manually restart it.

I formatted my pc and reinstalled windows and installed all the drivers that came with gpu. My comp than kept restarting so I went into safemode removed all drivers for gpu. Went on website and downloaded the latest drivers. Computer stopped restarting but now only restarts when I mess with things that has to do with gpu. I tried downloading older drivers for gpu but it didnt help.
Hopefully what I'm typing makes sense.

Oh by the way, do you think that windows updates can cause this problem? When windows was updating, some of the things failed to update. I'm running out of idea. Only things I can think of are bad gpu or mobo. I recently made this computer but have not been able to use it.

jeongnam85

Honorable
Sep 20, 2013

Yup you were right uninstalling those updates did not help. I actually looked at that forum already. Did massive amount of research and tried different things. Yet no luck...

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Do you have access to another gfx card? If so, uninstall the driver and remove the Titan. See if things are the same with another card/driver.
If you can't get another card to try, uninstall the driver and run Driver Sweeper from safe mode to be sure all the gfx driver remnants are gone from the Registry. Then re-boot and let Windows find a driver for your card. See if anything changes.
http://www.techspot.com/downloads/4266-driver-sweeper.html

klepp0906

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2013
you ever resolve this? curious because im having a similar issue. I run 4 titans with a 1500w psu and while im sure its workingthe psu pretty hard, im coming to believe that isn't the problem.

I don't restartwhile gaming but the minute I start furmark at anythingother than a very low reso, my pc instantly restarts. I have a theory in which I am about to test as we speak. In the bios under advanced power settings (Z87) not sure if it exists on 79. their are settings for the power phase thingies. Temps and standard - extreme on the limits. I have had the limits set to extreme but I think I may be understanding it backwards. Extreme may mean extreme protection, ie: shutting them off/cutting power early to protect them from too much heat/power or whatnot. Im going to try the other end of the spectrum and report back. Otherwise I have another psu on the way from evga via ARMA so ill swap that and if neither fixes the issue I can only speculate that 1500w isn't enough for a quad sli system if your overclocking and ill have to run 2 psus wheni can afford anotherone. /sigh

interested in hearing thoughts/opinions/feedback - especially from the OP