Help with AMD Mid/Budget-ish build

ThermicRabbit

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013
Would anyone have any objections or glaring problems with this build:

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1FSIE

Will the 8320 bottleneck the 7970? This is mainly going to be a gaming system and I can't fork out any more money for anything (or else I'd get an 8350) so would this be okay? And don't even bring up Intel, haven't got any cash for that. Another option would be to have an 8350 with a 7950 which would have an identical cost to the 8320 + 7970.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated,

Sincerely, a PC building noob

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I don't see anything wrong with that build. Others will have their favorite changes to make, for sure. But there is nothing you need to change. Any bottle neck (if any) will be minimal and not worth considering. All your choices are good quality. I have that Corsair 300r case on another build. Great case for the cost...

But it has one thing that drives me nuts. Trying to get the side panels back on. Corsair took a slightly different approach to the usual design of the fingers or tabs that slide into the case frame. It is hard to get all to slide in together. Without fail, one will always be out. I have to lay the case flat and work them in with my arms laying on the side panels to keep all the tabs in place.