850W Power Supply

Nick Burkart

Honorable
Sep 19, 2013
Hey,
I'm wondering what a good power supply would b. I currently am running a cx 750 and i want a 850w or bigger cause i don't wanna bottle neck anything. I game a lot on this computer and i don't know what ones are good for gaming or not. my price range is up to $160. I am looking into corsair, cooler master, and nzxt. Please tell me the differences in the companies and what power supply would b the best. i also want it modular. I am also looking to over clock my sli evga 780's.

System Specs
3570k i5
Asus Saber Tooth z77
2tb Segate hard drive
Gtx evga 780
Sound Blaster sound card
2 SSD both Samsung evo (one ssd is 120 gb second is 250)

Thnks!

The EggXpert list is decent but doesn't really tell you much
Corsair has 5 series of PSU's rated at ~850W. They are made by different manufacturers, the TX series 850's (now discontinued) were made by SeaSonic, ChannelWell and Chicony. The ChannelWell and Seasonic units were well received while I found no legitimate reviews for the Chicony units. The RM series is new, built by Chicony and again, I could find no reviews. The HX series was (discontinued) made by ChannelWell and also well received. The AX series is made by SeaSonic (860W) and well received. The AXi series (also 860W) is made by Flextronics and is also well received.
CoolerMaster currently has the V series which is made by SeaSonic and is highly received (new), The others in their lineup with 850's are the Real Power Pro (discontinued) , the Real Power M series (discontinued) and the Power Pro Hybrid all made by Enhance and were/are well received.
NZXT has 3 850W models, the Hale82 made by SeaSonic the Hale90 made by SuperFlower and the Hale90v2 made by FortranSource Group. All of the NZXT offerings receive good reviews
All of the current PSU offerings from those brands are a single 12v rail design carrying 70A on the 12v rail (the 860's have 71A), some of the discontinued models were of multiple 12v rail design

A note about the discontinued models, in many cases they can still be purchased but are no longer being made
Reviews found through this link http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page541.htm