Vista - fingerprint access not visible

chartzler

Honorable
Sep 21, 2013
Lenova with Vista. Forgot PW because have used fingerprint for 4 years. Loaded Norton AV trial model & when rebooted it now only requests a PW and can not get it to go to fingerprint access. No response on any keys except shutdown, and will not switch user to the fingerprint access?

chartzler

Honorable
Sep 21, 2013
And what would be the best way to remove Norton? A hammer, or soaking the laptop in the toilet? Maybe you missed the part that I CAN NOT LOG ON. I am unable to get past the login with PW part, it no longer has the "switch user" feature visible on the desktop where I used to just click on the fingerprint user, swipe and be open. Is it time to junk it? A friend suggested pulling the battery out, but I think he is a confused blackberry user. Lol.

Norton Support

Honorable
Oct 1, 2013

Hello,

We’re from the Norton support team at Symantec.

We are not aware of a problem with Fingerprint access and Norton. It may not be caused due to the Norton product. However, if you think the problem is somehow related to the Norton product, I suggest that you uninstall the Norton product on Safe mode and see whether that fixes the problem.

If you need help with booting in to Safe Mode and uninstalling the Norton product, please let me know.

Thanks!

Vineeth

chartzler

Honorable
Sep 21, 2013

chartzler

Honorable
Sep 21, 2013
I could use some instructions on removing Norton from machine while in Safe Mode. I assume I can get to safe mode on power up with one of the F keys??

Norton Support

Honorable
Oct 1, 2013

Thank you!

When the computer boots up, tap the F8 key on your keyboard until you see the Advanced boot menu options. In the Advanced boot options, select "Safe Mode with Networking." Once you start the computer in Safe Mode with networking, download and run the Norton Removal Tool: http://www.Norton.com/nrt

If you are unable to download or run the Norton Removal tool, please go to Control Panel > Programs and Features, and then uninstall the Norton product from the list of installed products.

Let me know if you need further help!

Thanks!

Vineeth