Installing Winows XP results in BSOD

jempet

Honorable
Sep 21, 2013
MSI Z87-G43 question. My boot drive is a mobile rack so I can change boot drives easily. So far, I've installed Windows 7 64-bit with VMWare player and half a dozen virtual machines, including Windows XP Pro. It works fine except for a couple of issues, most important of which is that I can't get sound in virtual WinXP. I get sound in the Win7 host but not in the WinXP guest. Some of the audio programs I want to use (e.g. Mp3MyMp3) don't seem to work in Windows 7. For all these reasons, I want an alternative boot drive running native Windows XP Pro. The problem is that although the Z87-G43 supposedly supports Windows XP and although I have various copies of my WinXP installation disk all of which install fine on other machines, on the Z87-G43 I get BSOD every time. It happens after copying files when it gets to the point of starting Windows. I've tried it with different hard disks with the same result. Can anyone suggest what I can do to install Windows XP on this machine? I dislike Windows 7 and Windows 8 is worse still. Thanks in advance.